• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Second Cauldron of War.

Wow mark, neat stuff! I know it is going to get that "slat armor" on it, but with the slat supports installed it has a real 'Steam-punk' look to it, way to go, keep it up Sir!

Thanks guys! I do hope to finish this up soon. I need to gloss this and wash it, then drybrush and then I can add the brass slat armor to it once I get that painted too.

Okay, here's more progress to show in this.

There was a lot to before the photo etch went on. First off, I painted the photo etch. Then I glossed the model and added the decals plus a medium brown wash:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXI.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XX.jpg

Next came the dull coat and drybrush of a light sand over the details, as well as the painting of the machine guns:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXII.jpg

Finally the tracks and last side skirts were installed. This one is ready for the photo etch screens:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXIII.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXIV.jpg

That's it do far. I hope to get this finished very soon, if not this week. Meanwhile, comments are most welcome. Thanks for stopping in.

The quote regarding Middle Ages meeting modern armor is quite accurate!!

The Israelis take “Form over Function” Theory to the max

Can’t wait to see it done!!!

Thanks Bruce! Yeah, this is definitely an interesting looking yet very functional vehicle. I'm glad I'm getting this in my collection.

Well, after getting all the painting, weathering and details worked out, it was time to add the photo-etch screens, rails and fenders. All that went on during Hobby Day:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXV.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXVI.jpg

After a few additional touchups and adjustments, I'll be able to call this done.

Stay tuned.

Okay, after a few small setbacks, I have finally finished this model. I can now get my badge for this:

Israeli_Nagmachon_Heavy_APC_IV.jpg

More pics in the Finished Thread.

Thanks for following along!

Mark, I really have no clue about AFV and Armour but your model Looks simply amazing. Well done and congratulations.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks guys! Your comments and compliments mean the world to me. I appreciate you stopping in and checking this out after all this time.

Back