• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Micro Model for the Month.

Duke Maddog

Here is my placeholder until this starts. Then I'll have a proper start pic:

full

I need more Canadians so this campaign will get me one more.

Mark you should have to do a Macro Model for the month. (I'm kidding 😉)
View attachment 133746

View attachment 133747

LOL! Tried that once, thinking I could finish a four-engine plane in that amount of time. If I'd done it like a seven-year-old builds, I could've finished, but I tried making it look good. Never got past the preliminary paint stage.... :facepalm: In fact that model took another year and three months to finish!

Thanks Sharkman!

Thanks Dave! I agree, I do need more Canadians!

Not sure about the strength of our armed forces but I think its amazing that we once had the third largest Navy in the world!

Yes Dave; I did manage to get the whole thing built and ready for paint. Stay tuned, pics forthcoming.

Okay, here is my progress I did on this build. First, I'll post my startup pics here:

full

full

I miss the old "Modeler's Alliance Official Campaign Time" on the bottom of all posts showing the date and time, I always enjoyed showing my startup pics with that!

Anyway, let's get started on this....

I started by assembling the lower hull as it was in three pieces:

full

I then built the turret, only doing the basics while leaving off delicate parts until later:

full

Next was adding the additional parts to the upper hull. There weren't too many:

full

This is all three sub-assemblies dry-fit roughly together. Yes, the lower hull is under there:

full

Finally, I assembled the running gear and tracks and added additional parts and sub-assemblies to the turret. This tank is now ready for paint. Here it is all mocked up:

full

And that's as far as I got on this so far. Once I get a few more projects ready for paint, this one will be painted as well. Shouldn't be too much time now.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thank you Dave and Dave!

This was a very quick kit to build; elegant in it's simplicity. The longest time I took on this was to carve grooves down the middle of the wheels to simulate the two roadwheels this is supposed to have.

when I was in school - 10 or 12 - a freind of mine lived near the area where Kraus-Maffei was testing their Leopard 1 tank. We always tokk our bikes to get close where the Leos where driven - one could feel the earth vibrate when they did come close. Looking good

That is such a cool story Martin! I love reading things like this. It also reminds me of a friend who served with the German Army some years back. He told me of exercises with the US Army when the M-1 Abrams first came out. They would be setting up only to be taken out by the Abrams: they couldn't hear the turbine engines until they were right on top of them!

Gonna get paint shot soon I hope. Stay tuned.

Oh wow, I actually finished this campaign! I think this is the first time in seven years for a MMM campaign, five for any campaign!

Here it is the 1/72 scale ancient ESCI Canadian Leopard 1A3:

full

full

full

And I got it done with a couple days to spare!

Back