• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Aircraft in Progress '11: Updated 12/28

Re: The Duke's Aircraft in Progress for 2011

Really like the looks of the Mi 6. Looks sharky. Very cool. (y) (y)
James

Thanks Dave! These pics show them before they were finished. I have a separate thread showing them completed.

I have a few more aircraft in progress, gotta see if I can get them further along and start posting more.

Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks Dave! I hope to have decals on it soon. May make it look even more mean!

Well, here I am back from vacation and slowly trying to get caught up on the pile of things my wife left for me to do. Meanwhile, I'm catching whatever bench time I can wherever I can. This is the small update I have showing my latest work I've been able to get done.

Here's the one helicopter I was also working on that I mentioned in the armor thread. It's the H-21 Piasecki Flying Banana. Here it is with the final basecoat on. I just have a few more details to paint, then this gets clearcoated and decaled. After that, I dullcoat it, add the rotors and detail it out a little and it'll be done:

WIP_Piaseki_I.JPG

I may even try to get that step around the main canopy taken care of as well. That is a problem I just didn't want to deal with, but it does look bad.

Oh, what of the two Russian helicopters I was working on you ask? Well, they are finished. Pics of them will be taken later when I can find a table top big enough to capture them.

Meanwhile, comments are welcome; thanks for stopping in.

That H-19 looks pretty neat- which kit? I have the incredibly fabulous Fonderie Miniature offering ( :blink ) and the MPM, which is much better. Have you seen the flying banana here in SoCal? It's amazing!

Those things just don't look like they should be leaving the ground. Nice work so far.

That H-19 looks pretty neat- which kit? I have the incredibly fabulous Fonderie Miniature offering ( :blink ) and the MPM, which is much better. Have you seen the flying banana here in SoCal? It's amazing!

Thanks Chuck! That is actually the Academy kit of the Piasecki. It went together quite well, except for the canopy. It is also a bit soft on details, but not a bad little kit.

And yes, I saw the Flying Banana at the last Chino Planes of Fame airshow this past May. I had thought it was a static display. Then, at the end of the show while Sean and I were packing up, we got to watch her take off. That was awesome! It was that sight that got me to search around and pull it out of the stash to build. Now all I have to do is get her finished.

Yeah Moon Puppy, it doesn't, but when it gets airborne, it's quite the sight!

nice stuff is going on here - I like the russian helis

Thanks. I have the Russian Helos finished already; I just have to get the pics taken.

Hey guys! I got more work done on my Piasecki, and also got the basecoat of silver on my Beech C-46 Expeditor, but I'm still cleaning up flaws on that before posting.

Meanwhile, here is the progress on my helicopter: the H-21 Piasecki Flying Banana. I finally got the decals on it. The next pics you see after these will be after it is completed:

WIP_Piaseki_II.JPG

WIP_Piaseki_III.JPG

That's all I got for now. Stay tuned for this one being completed soon, as well as the Expeditor. Meanwhile, feel free to check out my two Russian helicopters I posted in these Forums as well.

Thanks all for looking and comments are welcome.

Really wired things those flying bananas - looks good

Now that I finished the Flying Banana and the C-45 Expeditor models; I went ahead and started this 1/72 scale Mi-4 helicopter for my Russian Forces at yesterday's St. Crispin's Hobby Monday:

WIP_Mi_4_I.JPG

After this one is built, I'll have only to get the Mi-26 and I will have one of every type of Russian MiL helicopters that ever entered service with the Russian Military!

Well, that's all for now. I have also started another five more armor models that are being shown in my Armor in Progress thread under Ground Power. I hope to have more to show later on this week. Meanwhile keep checking in; and as always, comments are welcome.

Re: The Duke's Aircraft in Progress 2011: Updated 9/27

While working on my armored train and a couple other armor projects; I've also been keeping practice on building aircraft. I have three transports started, but I've only made significant progress on my Heller C-160 Transall.

I managed to get the fuselage together despite a severely warped interior cargo deck. here it is with the main wings dry fit on:

WIP_Transall_II.JPG

Okay, that completes my latest work. I'm hoping to get more done on the other two transport aircraft I'm building as well. Once I have enough progress to justify pics, you'll see them here!

Meanwhile, if you wish to see my progress on the armored train and more, feel free to check out my thread in Ground Power. Thanks all for looking in, comments are always welcome.

Come on Duke, Finish the Helicopters please mate!!! :eek:hyeah

p.s: You've a great set of machines, hope build some of these in the future. :snoopy

Cheers :drinks

Sounds good, I'll get some more done next time I have a chance. It is almost ready for paint, hopefully I'll be able to shoot some soon. Thanks for stopping in.

Hey guys! I got more work done on my Piasecki, and also got the basecoat of silver on my Beech C-46 Expeditor, but I'm still cleaning up flaws on that before posting.

Meanwhile, here is the progress on my helicopter: the H-21 Piasecki Flying Banana. I finally got the decals on it. The next pics you see after these will be after it is completed:

WIP_Piaseki_II.JPG

WIP_Piaseki_III.JPG

That's all I got for now. Stay tuned for this one being completed soon, as well as the Expeditor. Meanwhile, feel free to check out my two Russian helicopters I posted in these Forums as well.

Thanks all for looking and comments are welcome.

I'm not into helicopters Duke, but that is cool! When I was growing up in the 70's we had one or a few of these that would fly over the neighborhood almost regularly. Nice.

Back