• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S "MODEL T""RED AND READY TO GO"

Re: TERRY'S "MODEL T""LITTLE MORE T PLEASE"

Lookin' good Terry, but that paint mix is new to me? Do you let the black paint dry first before the wax or just mix it together and spray the mix?

Bob

Re: TERRY'S "MODEL T""LITTLE MORE T PLEASE"

Lookin' good Terry, but that paint mix is new to me? Do you let the black paint dry first before the wax or just mix it together and spray the mix?

Bob

Yeah I let the flat coat dry first. As far mixing the clear with the paint; I thought it might allow the clear build up a little at a time. The paint makes the clear a little thicker which prevents it from running. I'm going to let the finish harden for a few days then polish it out and then give it another shot of strait clear. We'll see how it turns out don't look too bad now.

B)

Re: TERRY'S "MODEL T""RADIATOR"

I know this ain't the Betty, but after kid's homework there was not much time before bedtime. I desided that I wanted the "T" to have a
natural metal finish. To get this I covered it with BareMetal Foil burnished smooth and rubbed it with steel wool so it would not be too
bright. I also detailed the running boards. I have picked a body color (no not black), but you will just have to wait and see. Here are
few pictures and thanks for looking. Comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC06532.JPG

DSC06533.JPG

DSC06534.JPG

DSC06535.JPG

DSC06536.JPG

B)

Re: TERRY'S "MODEL T""RADIATOR WORK"

Hi Terry, Progress looks great (y) (y) The spokes look good and I really like what you did with the running boards and radiator (y) (y)

Randy

Re: TERRY'S "MODEL T""RADIATOR WORK"

Hi Terry, Progress looks great (y) (y) The spokes look good and I really like what you did with the running boards and radiator (y) (y)

Randy

Thanks Randy!! The running boards came out better than I expected. I just dry brushed them with silver.

B)

Re: TERRY'S "MODEL T""SEEING RED"

We have a red "T"!!!!! Almost done!!! Here's what she looks like. Comments welcome.

T

DSC06559.JPG

DSC06561.JPG

B)

Let's see;

Aircraft Models... check
Armor Models... check
Figures... check
Car Models... check

It's official, Jack of All Trades & Master of All!

(y)

Regards,

Where's my shades? Oh, there they are! B) Looking great, Terry! How about adding a gold leaf VFD emblem to the sides and a hose and ladder in the bed? :D

I had no idea Ferrari made that model . Looks really nice T.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back