• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TBF-1C Avenger

sharkman

Master at Arms
This will be my entry. I was going to do a FW 190 but I'm itchin' to build one of these avengers.

This is the Accurate Miniatures kit, I got it off Ebay awhile back as a bagged kit, no box or decals.

Picked up some Techmod decals and a True Details torpedo for it.

Going to do it up as the following White 81 of VT-2 USS Hornet (CV 12) June 1944.

Always loved that kit. Be careful with those Techmod decals. I've used Techmod twice and they are very nice decals but are brittle and tear easily. Also once they are on the models surface they tend to not want to move. So make sure to lay them down on a nice bed of water or something similar. :popcorn

He's right !! :good:

Techmod are superb, but they stick like limpets. On the plus side they are very respondent to Micro-Sol, so when you place them they'll snuggle right in to the engraved details.

Ian.

Thanks all! It is a Beautiful kit! I got a brief start the other night washing the parts and gluing a few together. pics to come!

:good:

Pics! just gluing some parts together for now.

Just looking over this, it is a beautiful kit, only complaint so far are some sink marks in the fuselage..Some will need to be fixed and the others will be hidden by other parts once assembled.

Pics! just gluing some parts together for now.

Just looking over this, it is a beautiful kit, only complaint so far are some sink marks in the fuselage..Some will need to be fixed and the others will be hidden by other parts once assembled.

:popcorn

A little bit of progress....

I got my new Air brush, an Iwata after I was convinced by Christian and Les and LOVE IT!! What a beauty!

Started to paint the pit up on this!

Back