• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TBF-1C Avenger

Can't let Mike have all the fun!

Almost done with the cockpit on this one, just need a little dry brushing and a wash. Just ordered a mask set for the greenhouse too!

Nice Warren! You may beat me to the finish as I have been doing horse shows at the fair all week watching my daughter...and school starts up again on Tuesday :(

I fear I may have left this too late and that my chances of finishing by Friday are slim!! :pinch: But, going to give it a try!!

September has not been a good month for me! I was out sick with both of my girls with a stomach flu. Little one brought it home from daycare! I had been trying to get a few things done on this so here is where she's at!

The True Details torpedo! Fins props and the body!

All assembled...I read that they did carry them in the bomb bay with the wooden box structure around the fins as it would disintegrate on impact with the water but for the life of me, there's no way this piece will fit in the Avengers bay so it is staying off!

Since this kit did not come with the torpedo mounts I had to scratch some. these are no way 100% accurate, but they'll get the job done! (p.s. I think I went a little too heavy with the wash for the bomb bay!!)

This was fun :bang head :vmad

Got the turret mounted but had to do a lot of trimming to make it fit and turn!! It does work though!! :D Perseverance (stubbornness) pays off!

This is where I'm leaving off tonight. Most of the major assemblies are done, just little stuff and painting now!!

Still going hard at this!

Might be my last post before the deadline. I'll continue to take pics and update on Saturday! Not going to win any shows with this one but I want this ribbon (since i proposed this campaign!!!)!! :laugh:

Engine done!

Torpedo is painted and in (made a mistake with a wash on this)

glass, greenhouse and cowl on

Everything pre-shaded!

prop painted

We'll see how far I get tonight!

:hmmm :unsure:

The greenhouse did not go together well, had to do a lot of trimming!

Plus, this took forever to mask! Glad I bought the masking set!

Back