• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tasca Sherman parts

The Zod

Monday night,I was on the Tasca site. I noticed you can buy different sprues/parts there. I did a Yen to dollar conversion. Nice prices. Has anyone ever mated a Tasca Sherman hull to any other kit makers Shermans? Like onto DML,or Tamiya? Or even any other Tasca parts to other kit maker Shermans?

You would hope they are some what interchangeable but...I gotta ask, why you want to swap around like that? The Tasca looks really good to my untrained eye.

Asuka's (Yasca's new name) parts will fit to others with work. It can be an upgrade but keep in mind that the turret ring diameters are nowhere near the same, the other parts need trimming (I say make the other parts fit the Asuka parts as they are more accurate.

Regards,

Thanks Bob and Saul.

I saw that most,if not all Tasca Shermans come with bolt hole strips that are in separete plastic pieces. I want to build and early IDF M51.I think most of the M51's had an M4/M4A1 engine deck. There is one based on either the large hatch A2 or A3 hull. I am hoping to get better pix of that variant to see if it used the M4/M4A1 engine deck.

Back