• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Wespe Finally Finished!

HEE HEE! :ro: I knew what was in the Care package! I cannot paint figures like that yet. I will learn from Don, Brummbar, here in the very soggy prairie! :smack

Thanks to all for following along with this build, I'm sorry I haven't been tinkering with this for awhile. As soon as I finish the auto models that have had me occupied lately, I'll finish her up. :drinks

The Wespe looks fantastic and the crew and the accessories will bring this all together.

Very Nice work

The figures look like Miniart or Tank, very similar in appearance for the 2 styles of figures .
It is the best way to paint the items individually to display, nice touch :good:

Michael :)

Nice accessories. May I offer a suggestion to tone down the rust streaks a bit. They appear very orange in the pictures.

Great job Mike!!! The Wespe was my first Bandai kit build back in the 80's as a new be armor builder and so it has a special place. Even though I didn't know any better and gave it an Africa corps paint job. Gary S.

OH Mike i'm so ashamed,looks like I spoke to soon.

I was looking for something under the bench and guess what I found in a box.

I have NO excuse :blush:
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Hey, now that's a find! Almost as good as finding a twenty dollar bill. B)

Finish that rascal. :good:

Alright! Dr Steinman suggested adding a burnt umber oil glaze over my too-orangish rust streaks to tone them done. Since I am lacking the art gene, I took his suggestion and mixed up a very thin mix of burnt umber oil and some white spirits (all I had on hand, Doc). After a few very deep breaths, I applied a coat over the streaks in a downward motion. The colors did tone down the orange and I like th eeffect.

IMG_8891.JPG

IMG_8892.JPG

IMG_8893.JPG

I managed to break loose a glue joint, going to have to fix it or add a strategic tarp or overcoat. :pinch:

IMG_8895.JPG

IMG_8896.JPG

I may have to finish this hoopty yet. :D Thanks for the input, Dr John!

:drinks

I have a question for the Dr. Why that color and not raw umber or another one of those other dirty colors?

Looks like your "gene" therapy is coming along nicely.

Looks good!

(y)

Back