• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya StuG III B Experiment Complete!

Tamiya StuG III B Experiment Coming Together

Sehr Kuhl! What a nice little B! I can't do Armor like you do, even with BOTH Fargin' eyes!
:ro:
(y)

It looks adequately grubby but go ahead Maestro ! (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking GOOD! (y)

Now you have me wanting to do something in white wash :D

Many thanks, my friends! I took Wednesday and Friday off, the first long Thanksgiving weekend I've had in ten years, so I tried to make the most of the time. Let me tell you, figuring out how to weather this grey and white scheme has been challenging. I pulled out all the articles and photos I could find, watched my Mig DVD a couple times and I still don't think I got it exactly where I wanted to go. I've taken some photos to post up, I always see something else that needs attention on the big screen. Here's where I am today.

h8dce995.JPG

hea2b1eb.JPG

h49f5ff8.JPG

Mufflers need more smutz!

hc0bee36.JPG

h0b50b30.JPG

hfdfe803.JPG

ha24937a.JPG

Through all of this, I've made many interesting discoveries, used products I hadn't tried and really stretched myself. This is an experiment, right? Guess I'm back to the bench to finish her off? Thanks for coming by and all the comments!

:drinks

First, I enjoy the little touches that you add that others may overlook. Leaves, punched out of actual leaves.
:coolio
I believe the amount of schmutz you apply could not be overdone, the way the Ostketten would toss debris EVERYWHERE as you hurry to support the next frozen Wehrmacht unit in contact. I feel sorry for any K-wagen you pass!
:soldier
The lack of dirt on the traveled part of the road wheel, where it wouldn't stick during travel anyway.
:ro:
Yep! Decide how old the exhaust needs to look.
:zen
Will this crew have picked up/stolen/liberated any extra equipment?
I like it immensely!
(y) :good:

Some fine work you've done there my friend Mighty Fine

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Thanks, Bob, Rhino, Luiz and Tony! Unca Tony is partly to blame for this experiment, I wouldn't have tried it without his sorcery. :mpup

More to come, I'm making a list of things to fix and add. :frantic

Thanks for coming by!

Your experiment is turning out quite well. I really like the way your whitewash turned out.

Great work!

Cheers,
James

Thanks, James and Chris! I will be wrapping it up this weekend, updates then.

Thanks for coming by!

It sure looks like its been through tough winter. Great job!

(y)

Thanks, Terry! It took some fortitude to slop white all over a perfectly good paint job, but I've been wanting to try it for years. Snow will be the next hurdle, but that's for another build.

Well,I like it big time! (y)

Gotta find me a 'robber bwos' somewhere. ;)

WOW Mike that looks really great and as I say...Practice...Practice...Practice :v

Back