• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Sdkfz. 222

wds

Well, I thought it was about time to stop asking questions and post something.
This is an OLD kit that I have had knocking around half-built for decades. I finally decided to start building something, but figured I should finish one of the old ones first for a warm up. I primered it with White, preshaded with Brown, and sprayed a Dark-yellow top coat.I scratched it back to the dark gray plastic with a #11 blade, then dusted it with Buff. Sorry for the TMI. Thanks for looking.
sdkfz_222-1_20100508_1643541215.jpg
[/img]
sdkfz_222-2_20100508_1066455141.jpg

Hi there.

Sometimes these old kits are a fantastically relaxing break from modern kits with their hundreds of fiddly parts, PE parts and not so clear instructions. Your model looks really nice.

Cheers from Peter

Hi WDS.

I have always liked the little 222. And this old Tamiya kit is pretty nice. Especially considering how old it is. And you have done a great job on yours. The dusting you gave it really looks nice too. It's a great looking job as it sits now.

Gary B)

Looks to me like you have done a really nice job. Scratching the paint is neat idea.

Terry B)

Thanks for the kind works. You are all way too generous with your praise. :blush: It is appreciated though. :) Hopefully it is only up from here. I'll show the other side when I find the spare tire cover that I blasted with the air hose off into the nether reaches of a lumber pile. :pinch: ("... Snap. We won't see that for a while..."). Bill

Back