• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya: Panzerkampfwagen 35(t) Completed!

wds

Tamiya: Panzerkampfwagen 35(t)
This will be my entry for the Blitzkrieg Campaign.
I’ll be trying the aftermarket Fruil tracks for the first time.
The plan is to paint it out for the Polish campign 1939, with the white crosses.

More later,

Bill

35t_-_1.jpg

35t_-_2.jpg

35t_-_3.jpg

Re: Tamiya: Panzerkampfwagen 35(t)

May 26, 2011?

I thought I was the only one posting things months after the start date photo was taken! Welcome to the build.

I got the kit and all the goodies I could find (mine is in the original CMK box, not Tamiya) so feel free to ask any questions.

Regards,

May 26, 2011?

I thought I was the only one posting things months after the start date photo was taken! Welcome to the build.

I got the kit and all the goodies I could find (mine is in the original CMK box, not Tamiya) so feel free to ask any questions.

Regards,

No me too. :blush:

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen.
I have started models in the past without documenting the start and then later realized that I could have particiated in a [strike]group build[/strike], I mean Campaign. So after a decent start (and stop, and wait awhile, and then start again... and repeat) on this one, I thought I might have something that someone might like to see. We'll see if you all agree.
Saul, I saw that cool barrel set that you got for this model, but I had already glued mine in the turret. I know yours will look great with that addition.

More later,

Bill

Tamiya: Panzerkampfwagen 35(t)
This will be my entry for the Blitzkrieg Campaign.
I’ll be trying the aftermarket Fruil tracks for the first time.

Friul tracks....worth the effort,Bill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HcJAlFIZj6w

Greetings,Ron.

Cool, This tanks is becomeing more interesting every time I see one. And Ron very cool link.
James

Thanks for the comments folks. Here we go…

This went together without any real difficulty.
The exhaust pipe end was just a solid lug, so I fitted a piece of brass tubing and thinned the end with a #11 blade. Also, there is nothing for the tow cable to hang on, so I fitted some hooks from music wire. The main gun barrel tip is made of two pieces glued together clam-shell fashion (and is probably the weakest feature of the kit). I chased the vent holes with a drill bit to even up the molding with so-so results. (That barrel set would look pretty good right now).

Thanks for looking,

Bill

35t-5.jpg

35t-4.jpg

There you go!
Thanks for throwing me a bone Dusan! :lol:
Have some more pop-corn.

Watch this,

Bill

:popcorn

I wouldnt be put off by the popcorn, just its a very interesting little build. Looking great and the brass does add to it. Nice to be reminded that simple inexpensive little additions can dress up a kit just as well as complex expensive add ons can. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

No real problem James. Just some mock indignation. :angry: :laugh:
I'm not nearly as serious as my avatar picture would lead one to believe. ;)
It's all in good fun ( or should be).

blitzing it,

Bill

Hey Bill! It's looking great so far, looking forward to more. :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

Loving your additions to the kit which already looks sweet...am subscribing to this one now to keep watch of your progress. :drinks

Back