• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya P51

Looking good!
But this strange liquid in the glas in almost any omage - I really don't want to know what you are drinking during your meodeling sessions ... but well it looks like it is working.

Ha That was a shot of water with some Aqua Gloss in it from cleaning up the pipette then some of the light rust. You know you could color that stuff and get some neat effects I suppose. Yeah ETO stripes and some gun barrels then it's off to the stash to figure out what's next.

ETO stripes are on. BTW, ETO stripes are not Invasion Stripes. Google doesn't do a good job of differentiating this. NMF aircraft got Black stripes, OD A/C got White ones, I know the early aircraft got them but not sure when the practice was stopped.
1698009497453.png

I didn't get to the gun barrels in, supper is ready. Warts and All I'm pretty pleased with how the finishes turned out. I need to focus on the booboos going forward.

Well, I can't see the warts from here and it looks great! It was great seeing you and your wife yesterday too. I am so glad you stopped by!

Well, I can't see the warts from here and it looks great!
I told ya don't take pictures of the bad things :rotf

Yeah Cindy and I had a nice time coming over, she absolutely loves the pottery she picked up, she loved the store and Clarkesville. I had to remind her we JUST moved once already. :rotf

It is odd Colonel Don's Mustang sports no nose art, don't you agree?
Agreed but what I've read he was no nonsense guy. Can't find where he personalized any of the aircraft he flew, when he was in RCAF 401 Sq. he had Leola, his wife's name, under the windscreen but that's it. @jknaus isn't that who you're aligned with?

No, never been in 401 Sqn although they are in Cold Lake. I was in 407, and almost in 441 Sqn. At least I was posted to it but I ended up in 1AMS instead.
James

Back