• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Kingtiger Porsche Turret

Looks sweet Laura , I thought that may be the same one James but some close ups show some cam on it , possibly with a green base though .

The back one in Lauras photos look like a zimmerit covered one .

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Laura,

ok ok I shut my mouth. B)

I know about green base paint, but I have never heard about grey KT...if you have more source materials about grey KT, I will be very happy when you send me mail with this materials(or links) :notworthy :blush:

You make some dio or large base??

Cheers.
Pavel

murfp ... more than four weeks since the last update but i got an excuse! it was that horrible hot, that working in the attic for longer time was absolutely impossible, so i crawled my way through in 10-20 minutes sessions and even then i was completely soaked in sweat! the advantage was that when i returned from the attic i felt like in a fridge and the hot weather couldn't bother me anymore! B)

not much of weathering, just a brown wash and dusting! i wanted this kingtiger almost factory fresh, delivered to haustenbeck in summer '44 ...

Evil's Toy - A Girl Called Bitch

linksohneblitz_20100723_1099400529.jpg

rechtsohneblitz_20100723_1674173588.jpg

with flash:

linksmitblitz_20100723_1370307441.jpg

rechtsmitblitz_20100723_1664207983.jpg

front and back:

front_20100723_1081962634.jpg

heck_20100723_1168156196.jpg

ok ... time to thoroughly clean up the bench to kickoff the berlin '45 build after august 1st! :S

Most impressive Laura, I love your rust effect but I wonder if the stacks would be that rusty coming out factory fresh?

That is just absolutely stunning........ as far as the stacks 15 or 20 hours run time and a few days later the stacks would be rusted ..... so Id say that is perfectly aceptable.Whos lookin at the stacks anyway the subtle tone shifts make this a piece of eye candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez I need to wake up! How did I miss this! The Tiger looks great and I would'nt worry about the rust it looks great too.

Terry ;)

Laura,
Great looking beast of a cat...
Interesting little known paint scheme too... Nice.
Looks like Mr. Murphy has been visiting this build too.
It's nice to see that every time he tries to stop you, you
manage to side step him and keep this super looking beast going.
Do you have markings planned for it?
Shawn

I have to agree, this one is looking GOOOOOOOD! If you added a night vision scope, like the one from the E100, what a night stalker that could be! :evil:

Back