• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya BT7, finished few days ago.

M

Mig

It seems to be that lately I am looking for alternative ways for many techniques that we habitually use. In the begining I painted a model using only acrylic paints. The PzII was an example. Then the Panther II were made without oils. And now, I have painted this BT7 without pigments. It can seem simple, but at the moment all modellers use pigments regularly, and it can be complicated to make dust or mud without them. But I like to know that we can make the same effects with alternative techniques, because not all the people have the same conditions. There are people that cannot use enamel paintings because health problems. Recently I have known to a US modeller that cannot use their hands to make scale models, and he should make everything using his mouth. Can you imagine to your self in a similar situation? For this friend from Michigan, it is almost impossible to use the airbrush. It could be very interesting to develop new techniques where it is not necessary that tool. Anyway, I like to prove and to make new things. Is easy to be comfortable and to make always the same things, but that, sooner or later is boring, and it is not my style. This BT7 has been made for the Japanese magazine ARMOR MODELLING. I hope you like it. Any comment is always welcome.

BT7+(7).jpg

bt7+end+(5).JPG

bt7+end+(34).JPG

BT7+(8).jpg

BT7+(6).jpg

Please, you can see more pictures in my blog:

Mig's blog

Thank you

Mig Jimenez

Superb work Mig , I really love the different hues that you created on the exhausts , the AK stuff is very impressive , have had my first play with them over the weekend .

Have you used reverse streaking on the base of the turret ? Instead of feathering the lines downwards you have feathered in reverse ?

Jenny

:kiss:

...amazing Mig!...without pigments...it's unbeliavable!

...really, your style is unmistakable!...I love it!

...it's a pleasure to see your works!...always...

Best!

luiz.

Gran trabajo Mig, como todos los que haces, pero lo mas sorprendente y lo que más envidia me da es siempre estas inventado y parece que nunca te equivocas!!! :)

enhorabuena!!!

Thanks for the tips, Maestro! Blowing gunk off a brush for spatters- that's just amazing! I've already used some Mig-ness on my Egg project- cheers!
chuk

STUNNING....... that is the best way to describe it. Alot of the techniques you were describing are often referred to as old school ..... it is so rare too see all of them combined on one model and done so well.
I am impressed that you strive too try other styles its beautiful what you have done.
It really gets a persons interest ....especially those of us who like to buils combat vehicles and not museum models

Wow - no pigment, nice job. I love watching your techniques grow progress and transform.

And in your thread - to build a model with no hand - I feel very simple now.

Thanks

Back