• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Finished

nerdling

I just finished my secret santa gift from Jeff late lastnight. This kit was a dream to build. I can see myself building a few more of these in the future. Thanks Again Jeff! Would have posted some progress photos but Sarah had the camera at work. Took the photos outside I hope they came out alright. Personally I think this is my best build to date. Also my first tri color scheme. The decals came from an ancient Sky Decals sheet I had.

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

Great job Ryan, I like that kit also, can see doing another for sure. Only thing I don't like about it is the way the flaps attach to the wings, not a really good fit there but it works.

Really like the tricolor scheme Ryan, well done!

Looks great Ryan! I like the weathering and how the markings on the wings blend in with the paint job.

Matrixone

Nice job Ryan! Looks great!

i really like what you did with the underside, looks used but not overdone!

;)

Back