• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/35 Matilda

Jeeves

Got the kit and a Tiger Productions barrel ready to go...
OpTorch3.jpg

OpTorch4.jpg

OpTorch5.jpg

That's the plan ;). Doing a tank and a plane at the same time is usually good for me as one gives me a break from the other...it's just the other tank, sub, and two planes I am current building that might be problematic ;). Good thing I have 4-5 more weeks of summer vacation left ;)

Hey Laura...

That's the plan...I have the paints on order and they should be here today...hopefully they haven't dried out with all the crappy heat we've had ;)

Well-- with the Priest nearly on it's way to being done, I really wanted to get more armor on the bench! Had a good chunk of time to build today with the girls at a horse show! This is a real treat!! No-- I mean really-- not only a Tamiya kit, but the detail on this one surpasses what I imagined...we are talking Dragon quality in some cases (only w/o the crappy instructions!)

First off-- the crew look pretty darn good...not sure how old this kit is, but I love the detail on them...
Models_001.jpg

Models_002%7E0.jpg

And despite the huge number of road wheels, assembly was pretty much a breeze--
Models_004.jpg

Front view with the exhaust and fuel tank assembly...
Models_005%7E0.jpg

The turret detail is pretty awesome-- I don't have everything on yet...
Models_006%7E0.jpg

And the best part is the Besa MG-- already drilled out-- not something I expected from Tamiya! I have the Tiger Productions barrel on because I bought it, but the kit barrels are one piece and look pretty good too-- plus there are three to choose from...darned if I know what they are!
Models_008.jpg

SO this was one day's work...final assembly is waiting on whether I decide to use the rubber band or link and length tracks...I am leaning towards the latter as I don't normally like the band type...

Thank God for summer break! This is why I encourage the girls to go enjoy their riding...they love it and Luke and I enjoy the shop time. Did most of this work while listening to the Yankees game yesterday afternoon!

Well-- I have pretty much everything assembled...leaving off the tools and smallish parts until after painting...which I'll be ready to do tomorrow after the primer cures...
08-17-11_009.jpg

08-17-11_008.jpg

08-17-11_007.jpg

08-17-11_006.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Desert yellow has been applied thanks to Vallejo Model Air (which has a very interesting smell to it...maybe sage?). Gotta do some touching up as it ran a little...then on to color #2...

Kurt-- I can't explain it! You know how Tamiya has that sweet smell to it...well, this Vallejo Air stuff smells sort of herbal...usually I sniff the glue, but I can't quite place this one! ;)

Eric-- thanks brother! Neither can I!!

With all the crazy vents and ducts, there were lots of possibilities for bleed through, but I think I managed OK with just a couple areas to touch up...here's the Caunter scheme...

42015a13.jpg

db7abc57.jpg

ca91aa32.jpg

ea73e223.jpg

Thanks all!

Back