• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T 34/85 1/72 Revell "DONE"

razordws

Since almost my entire stash is eligible for this Campaign I had a really hard time deciding what to build. However, so far, people have signed up for a ship and a Civvy build along with lots of aircraft but no armor.

NO ARMOR!!! :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: This cannot be... so...

This one has been hanging around in my stash for awhile.

01T3485.jpg

T 34/85 1/72 Revell

Looking good. I'll follow this. I'd sign up but things are starting to pick up and modeling time is becoming quite premium now. Even woth my build speed, I doubt I could get done in time. Case in point: A 1/72 scale Roden FT-17 that is one-third done after three weeks and a 1/72 scale Revell Swedish Leopard that is going on the fifth month on the bench now. Not to mention various aircraft taking months and month of time.

T 34/85 1/72 Revell

Duke I'm sure you could do it if you could focus on one build at a time but I know that is not the way you roll. :coolio

This has been a pretty straight forward build so far. Spent the morning cleaning up the road wheels and assembling the turret and hull. After cleaning up the Maus road wheels just before this I am done with road wheels for a while. :gogo

EDIT: Oh snap, I still have to paint all those road wheels!!! :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

02T3485.jpg

T 34/85 1/72 Revell

That tank looks good. As for my being delayed too much to join this; it isn't that I build so many at a time that slows me down. That actually speeds me up. When I focus only on one model at a time I tend to mess it up eventually and set myself back a pace. The main reason I'm delayed however, is that lately I have so much extra work as well as other issues that keep popping up to pull me off the bench. If I didn't have Hobby Days to fall back on once a month, I'd probably only finish five or ten models a year. It's those unexpected jobs and other issues that would keep me from finishing this, specially since I only get one Hobby Day a month.

Keep going on that tank; it is really looking impressive. I'll be watching for further updates.

T 34/85 1/72 Revell

Thanks guys.

Spent yesterday and today adding all the little fiddly bits to the hull and turret and just finished putting on some paint. Started with a base coat of Tamiya Nato Black and then a coat of Model Master acrylic Russian Armor but let some of the black show through. Next up is to finish cleaning the length and link tracks and paint them so I can put it on.

03T3485.jpg

05T3485.jpg

04T3485.jpg

T 34/85 1/72 Revell

Done! Finished with Model Master Paints, Oil and dry pastel washes with a dusting of Tamiya buff (which went on a little too heavily in my opinion :unsure: )

10T3485.jpg

11T3485.jpg

09T3485.jpg

08T3485.jpg

07T3485.jpg

06T3485.jpg

Now, back to the Maus... :frantic

T 34/85 1/72 Revell

Wow....just wow...anything else doesn't do this built justice...wow! (y)

Gr,Ron.

Thanks Ron! :D

I should add that this was an excellent kit overall and I highly recommend it to anyone. (y) (y) The only issue I had was with the spacing on the link and length track. I ended up making a new link as there was too big a gap for the final link to fill.

Back