• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Syrian T-62 - COMPLETE!!!

Syrian T-62

OK so calling this 'un complete!

In these first few pics, you can see the amount of dust heaped on these vehicles in actual use:

h534f64d.jpg

h850be3a.jpg

hc9d6434.jpg

Note that this guy has an unusually heavy coating (in comparison to the others:

h7238d72.jpg

So bearing that in mind, I used artists oils for both streaking and some pin washes, followed by pastels, a'la Bob Letterman-style, and came up with this:

hb4e3349.jpg

h5c8e40d.jpg

ha100fff.jpg

hd86878e.jpg

hba8eebe.jpg

h84847fa.jpg

hf9f6ab5.jpg

hf81d600.jpg

h17c3b46.jpg

So I am going to call this complete. Note that I will let it set for "a spell" as we say 'round here, and perhaps blend a bit more of the pastels, but I am thinking it looks the part rather well!

thanks guys! Like I say, I think I will let it set for a few days, then I may smooth it out a tad more, otherwise it is one of my better ones, fer-sher.....

As I said Bruce I am not one for Tanks but your build is so impressive that I almost feel like trying to build one myself. Congratulations on a superb Job!

Cheers

Alex

As I said Bruce I am not one for Tanks but your build is so impressive that I almost feel like trying to build one myself. Congratulations on a superb Job!

Cheers

Alex

Wow thanks Alex! I feel the same of your aircraft, as the few I have built have been average at best! We may have to "share a build!"

I am all up for it Bruce. Name model and place and I will be there. :soldier

Thanks for the realistic comments. I guess they look very realistic after being scrapped!

Cheers

Alex

Hey there Brucey boy, since we were not able to connect over the weekend here is good little video "Tutorial - Small desert scene - Diorama series" from Carlos Mendes. The DAS clay he uses for the groundwork can be picked up at both Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyVNwsStK9A&t=741s

Good Luck Brother :v

PS: That T62 look awesome BTW. :coolio

Back