• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Syrian T-62 - COMPLETE!!!

Syrian T-62

SORRY ABOUT THAT - my Diva-esque I-phone did not load the pics correctly. I have corrected:

Okey-Dokey here we are with an edition of “how small can ya’ go!” So took some of the tiiiiiny rubber tubing from the Tamiya T-72

ha9e13ae.jpeg

And using the Xacto... I split it horizontally. Easy right?

h716539c.jpg

Using the pin you see there I ‘walked’ the split tube off the toothpick & onto the brass rod, then a dab of CA to hold it there!

hd83009e.jpg

So she is coming along well. Once I rest my eyes a bit I think I’m gonna add the brackets that hold the tanks and maybe some other writing too. Till then!

h08fd10c.jpg

ha2391e3.jpg

Syrian T-62

Well then, see what going the extra mile brings? B)

More weld beads? :coolio

Syrian T-62

Well then, see what going the extra mile brings? B)

More weld beads? :coolio

Not sure. I have time on my hands, so likely, but not promising. I think I need to find your post of this build in basic green to see where you added them

Syrian T-62

You might want to find some good reference photos of actual tanks, going off someone else's build might lead to being incorrect.

Just beware that some static displays have welds in places you don't want them, ask me how I know. :rotf

Syrian T-62

SORRY ABOUT THAT - my Diva-esque I-phone did not load the pics correctly. I have corrected:

Okey-Dokey here we are with an edition of “how small can ya’ go!” So took some of the tiiiiiny rubber tubing from the Tamiya T-72

ha9e13ae.jpeg

And using the Xacto... I split it horizontally. Easy right?

h716539c.jpg

Using the pin you see there I ‘walked’ the split tube off the toothpick & onto the brass rod, then a dab of CA to hold it there!

hd83009e.jpg

So she is coming along well. Once I rest my eyes a bit I think I’m gonna add the brackets that hold the tanks and maybe some other writing too. Till then!

h08fd10c.jpg

ha2391e3.jpg

:soldier

Git'er done, you got time for the show. :coolio

Syrian T-62

So got some time on a nice Saturday and got the hull & turret painted. Hull came out as I wanted:

h33b2fd7.JPG

h5412362.JPG

he5c1746.JPG

The turret? Not so much:

h39c9005.JPG

hb4332dd.JPG

h4c72e99.JPG

I let myself get rushed on the turret, and that is what happens when you do. I think I am going to spray it over again and reset. According to the excellent books "No Victor/No Vanquished", "Never Ending Conflict", and "The Arab-Israeli Wars" the Syrians did not do a good job at maintaining their equipment, so a respray may actually turn out to be very accurate!

Oh well, it is Spring here in SC, so besides the pollen, it is warm enough to paint more regularly, so getting it done will be NBD. 'Till then!

Syrian T-62

I wouldn't start over, thin your green and get in tight to clean up the overspray and feather the demarks some. Looks like it's splattering too much so that's probably too thick or high pressure.

Looking good.

Syrian T-62

Hey Bruce!

I kinda agree with MP, I think your turret looks good. But I totally understand that if your not happy with it then reshoot it.
:v

Syrian T-62

I agree about the turret. I think it needs thicker green lines on it. That will balance it with the hull. Bob's recommendation for cleaning up the overspray is a good one too.

Syrian T-62

OK so re-sprayed the turret green, then re-worked the sand color to properly match the lower hull:

h463dc29.jpg

hbc4df14.jpg

h16a6e7c.jpg

I had finished the wheels and was about to start on the tracks, when my new yard-toy showed up, SO I had to play.....

h2613c57.jpg

Syrian T-62

You know that means no more bench time until the yard work is completed.
Anyway, that is what the wife tells me.
:yipee :yipee
Frank

Syrian T-62

nice work on the 62!
Is that weed eater in Ferrari Red... :coolio

Back