• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Switching Gears - Peterbilt

WigWag Workshop

Good Day Folks!

I scored a great deal on this kit, and was getting "stressed" on the Bell Helicopter build, so I decided to have a crack at a semi build. As you may know, I like to build all types of kits, after all, I am a styrene addict. I still have a few finishing touches, and details I want to add. This was built OOB, but I do plan on scratch building a trailer, and extra details.

Added some rust and grime

Not sure I like the decal, I may remove it

-Steven

Hey than's a very nice truck! How is the engine detail?

Terry B)

I saw one of those at the lhs. How was it to build? Last truck I ever did was an Ertle Mac. Like the looks of yours.
James

Thanks all for the kind comments. It was a pretty strait forward build, the kit did not give me any issues. The engine has decent detail, and could be easily modified with extra details. This was my first semi build, and I will definitely build another, except will do a lot more detail work on the motor, and dashboard. I may still do some modifications to this one, like the CB antennas. This was a fun build, and it served it's purpose of getting my mind clear of that Bell Helicopter build :laugh:

-Steven

Steve, I have always loved those "Hoods" as we called them a few years ago. I had a '95 359 that was a triple digit truck with a rock crusher 15 over and a real big kitty. OK that's a 1995 Peterbilt 359 with a 390 hp Caterpillar and a 15 speed Rockwell tranny.

I was hoping that somebody would do this kit because I wanted to see how much detail there was. for your Next one try one of the resin sleepers that's available.

That sure is a sweet looking hood and I would be proud to have it on my shelf.

Back