• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Swedish J26

1646006525327.png
Click to see the webpage.

As for the louvres, Red Roo if using Tamiya kit, ZM kit, or scratch build. Hmmm, let's see about that last one. ;)

Regards,

Could be a post-war RCAF Mustang, no louvres required.

402 Sqn.jpeg

The Airfix and Eduard kits contain the louvres.

Cheers,
Rich

Could be a post-war RCAF Mustang, no louvres required.

View attachment 147445

The Airfix and Eduard kits contain the louvres.
Indeed @RichB , but I didn't mention it would be James' preferred 1/32nd scale of which only the ZM kit includes the louvres (which seem more accurate than Red Roo's rendition). In 1/48th, Yahu! makes the louvres (you get two sets) for the ICM/Tamiya kit.

Regards,

Well I am annoyed. I can not find my decals. I had about 3 sheets, i know I did, I think. Not a single Canadian Mustang to be found. And of course no luck so far finding any online. Hoping my Mustang arrives today although CP is being especially slow for some reason.

It seems to be a bit of a lottery with parcels lately. Last month I had an expedited parcel take 10 days to get here from Calgary and another from Edmonton that took less than 24 hrs.

Cheers,
Rich

It is the same here in the US. Chris (Rhino) sent me a small package back on Feb 7th and here it is the 28th and still a no show. Other things though show up in a few days.

Okay a radical change of plans. The only thing common between my first idea and this is the aircraft is a P-51D and the location of the airfield is cold.
Going to do Red L.
1646272814150.png

The kit just arrived and the decals are ordered. I found one set of 403 Sqn RCAF decals but they wanted $75.00 for them and that was a no go.
Have 2 new books coming, one given the big thumbs up by Saul, and the other a brand new book so see what its like when it arrives. I was going to get resin cockpit stuff for this but I think this is going to be plastic with some scratch building if possible. So maybe get it started this weekend. Will be a break from armour.
James

Back