• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sukhoi T-49 1/72 by Amodel

mlp

well I was a bit quiet as you all know me :)

but I managed to finish one

w20130124210934800s.jpg

w20130124210302800s.jpg

w20130124210024800s.jpg

and together with the Su-9

w20130124211832800s.jpg

and as always more at by bloq

Very very nice Martin. What an odd aircraft. I wonder why they had such boxy intakes so far forward like that. I imagine it would really affect visual locks in a dogfight, unless this was an interceptor and wasnt meant to get up close. Very neat no matter what (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I think that thing had an engine that was like 2/3 the size of the aircraft James. Needed those big holes to suck up all the air and anything else that wasn't nailed down.

Killer finish Martin, so nice to see your stuff again (y)

It turned out great Martin. Especially considering the horrid fit and all the filling and sanding! :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks a lot! :)

I think that thing had an engine that was like 2/3 the size of the aircraft James. Needed those big holes to suck up all the air and anything else that wasn't nailed down.

not exactly - well almost all russian engines were quite big but the extra air intakes on this one were to experiment on side intakes for more room for radar housing which in the end led to the Su-15

Thank you for that info. I have wondered why they had made such a strange looking airplane.

As you said though older Russian jets normally had the intake up front.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back