• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmtiger

Tim A.

Hi all,
This build is posted elsewhere on here but I didn't get it completely done before it suffered a crash with a railroad passenger car of a much larger scale and the Sturmy lost :side:
I was tired of seeing it on the shelf in pieces so spent the weekend repairing it and the base.

The scene depicts the Sturmtiger during the battle of the bulge. After running out of fuel and no hope for re-supply it was abandoned where it stopped.

Tim

sturm_dio_15.jpg

sturm_dio_13.jpg

sturm_dio_14.jpg

sturm_dio_12.jpg

sturm_dio_16.jpg

sturm_dio_11.jpg

It does look wonderful but I am left wondering about the "crash with a railroad passenger car of a much larger scale"... what is the story there?

Regards,

This would ROCK without the back story!

And what's up with you Railroaders, why don't you post your stuff here as well?

Outstanding results! Looks very realistic and the snow is outstanding... It really does look very cold.

Great job.

3dapplause.gif

Thanks all!

Saul, I have a set of G scale passenger cars that came off the shelf above the sturmtiger. They also took out a Panther and Grasshopper build :gogo

As far as showing railroad stuff I don't have to much or I would. But this does remind me, I do have some pics of an American 4-4-0 I scratchbuilt in brass years ago. I'll dig them up.

Tim

Often has been the times I've wondered about where this ended up, glad to see you put it back together! Looks better now!! Good things come of weird starts, eh? (y)

Hi Tim,
great recovery . I like it better now than before and that's saying quite a lot.

I'll second that. Bring out the brass train !

Cheers, Christian B)

That is the best snow effect that I have ever seen.
Very difficult to pull off well.
You aced it.
The bar rises again,... sigh.

Thanks,

Bill

Thank you guys!

I wasn't as timid with the shaker this time around. :) and although the dusting looks like you could just blow it away it dried hard as a rock. (y)

Tim

Wonderful atmosphere in this scene - love the colors - very surreal.
It would only get even better with a figure to add that extra bit of story.:ro:
Ian.

Very sharp. Love it!

I agree with Ian on the figure idea. A GI in winter garb looking her over would definitely add to the scene

Back