• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stuka G2 FINISHED

Looking a bit frosty today

DSC_2080.JPG
DSC_2081_01.JPG

This is a new one on me as never done a winter Camo before but how hard can white be :)
These would have been painted in the field and its hard to find 2 the same in the old pics
Under this white is quite a lot of masking fluid over greens so not sure what this will look like once its dry and i can remove the masking.
Decals will be a bit odd as they will be over the white where as i expect they would have been on the green and just painted round with the white but hey ho :)

Really nice work. There winter planes were heavily weathered, as you surely know. It is such a fine balance to achieve. Good luck finishing it.

Cheers

Alex

Here we go then, Hase G2 tank buster with Aires resin and a small amount of PE
Note: the G2 had no sirens or dive brakes, wing machine guns etc so no bomb aiming through the floor either

DSC_2097.JPG
DSC_2098.JPG
DSC_2099.JPG
DSC_2100.JPG
DSC_2101.JPG
DSC_2102.JPG
DSC_2104.JPG
DSC_2106.JPG
DSC_2113.JPG
DSC_2147.JPG

Lots of placard type decals left off as i think they would have been over painted with the Winter white, not easy to photograph a white plane on a white background so bear with me :) These Aires kits promise a lot but its really hard to make them deliver , i keep doing them when i can still find the hasegawa models to build with them but they never leave you feeling happy with what you have done. Maybe its just me. I have fitted the bottom engine cowl because i couldn't for the life of me see how the radiator mounted. Even searching other builds on line i still couldn't reconcile the parts i had to the other builds or the instructions. I use the term loosely as Aires dont really do instructions as such :)
Already my mind is drifting towards the Re issued Airfix Bentley 1/12 but a quick look inside the box says "you need to re spoke these wheels paddy" and there are 5 of them with 70 spokes each....thats 350 spokes...700 holes.........i need a cup of coffee :)

Back