• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stopping in to say hi !

Old Dog

Just stopping by to say hi and look to see if I left my plastic modelling mojo here, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Haven't fondled any plastic kits now for over 3 years.
The closest I've come to any aircraft modelling is this 3/4" to the foot B-24 wind vane I'm working on. It's just an outline model with no attempt to make it more than just close in appearance, With a length of 4' and a wingspan of 7' I'm estimating it will weigh around 50# when complete.
vane01.jpg

Still a long way to go, lots of shaping to do yet, lots of saw dust and chips ! The propellers are made from .093 aluminum and run on ball bearing races
vane02.jpg

I guess until I find my mojo I just keep working on the railroad.
I hope everyone is still upright and taking nourishment and until next time

Cheers !

Man glitter.jpg

Thanks for stopping in Gary! Glad to see you still around. Go ahead and post your project, you never know what it will inspire.

Wow! Neat idea. I'be been thinking a long time about doing the same thing with an AH-1G Cobra. Gary S.

Pst. A giant Jurassic wooden Liberator wind vane IS model making. :vgood:
Your mojo is ok, you just changed mediums.

Back