• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

STEYR 1500A/01

I built the staff car version of this kit, it was a pleasure to put together.

Excellent work so far, looking firward to more.

Looking forward to seeing this especially as you're finishing this in Panzer Grey... plenty of scope for a very dusty finish - apparently the Kursk battle(s) were very hot and dusty !!

Ian

Found a bit of time to upload the photo's from last week's work.
From grandpa's Batmobile to something more Panzergrau looking;

STEYRKE_1.jpg

To give a bit more contrast I added some blue filters ,mainly on the inside of the car.

STEYRKE_2.jpg

Went for a worn cloth look (not leather),on the cushions.Vallejo black and dry brushing with black and camo beige.

STEYRKE_3.jpg

Started with some pigment work,more pigments and a bit of texture will follow later.
I didn't use a pigment fixer now,the flat paint surface a brush and a usefull tool called MY FINGER (registred trade mark) ;) did work...

STEYRKE_4.jpg

STEYRKE_5.jpg

I hear some of you thinking;WHY work on the underside of the car?..You will not be able to see much of this,once the car is on it's base.

The answer might sound corny:IT'S FUN TO DO SO.
...and yes OK,I love to work with pigments. :D

Still a lot to do on this one.Dark Yellow camo stripes on the Panzer Grey base color,typical for the year 1943,is just one of them.

Greetings,Ron.

Looking real good Ron. I've become a firm believer in NOT bothering
with things that won't be seen, but a lot of the underside of this vehicle
is visible...so good choice.

Tom

Good job,...NO,.... Super job on this vehicle

Im being drawn more and more towards wheeled thingys,..partly cos Tracks are a pet hate of mine :bang head

:eek:hyeah

going back to the Austrian one...nicknamed it Arnold Dustynegger. ;)

More dust effects with pigments and pigment washes (pigments with enamel thinners)

SS1.jpg

Driving your car through mud don't clean it and then hot weather kicks in,you will get rock hard clumps of dryed mud,hard to remove.

SS2.jpg

SS3.jpg

Use several layers of different colored pigments to show different kinds of moistend mud or dust,it might be dry but there is still some moistness in the mud and dust.You could use just one color of pigment that's right,but multi colors make it a bit more interesting.

SS4.jpg

Pigment washes on the tires.Once it is dry the color will go back from a dark color to it's original color,and you can wipe away the overdone part using a stiff brush or even a finger.IF you use enamel thinners in the wash that is.

SS5.jpg

SS6.jpg

The white stuff you see is Patafix that I used to temporary hold the doors while airbrushing,the doors will be opened later on.

SS7.jpg

Arnold Dustynegger got a rudely,fastly done Dark Yellow camo striping over it's Panzer Grey body;typical for the year 1943 when Dark Yellow became the base coat of Wehrmacht vehicles and there was not enough paint for all of the vehicles.Probably if the car would live to see the day,it would get a full coat of Dark Yellow with or without camo colors (green and or brown).

SS8.jpg

Managed to break off some how the 'driver knows rod' left of the head light,will fix it later on.Also managed to break off the mirror btw. :blush:

SS9.jpg

SS10.jpg

Still got a lot of work to do on it;detail painting,markings,washes,chipping and so on...and adding more dust.

SS11.jpg

Thanks for dropping by,more to come later.

Greetings,Ron.

The whole scheme is coming together quite well! I like the pigmentation and the camo very much! (y) :drinks

Back