• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Squadron Models Closing?

iambrb

So this morning (1/17) I am seeing via "the Book of Face" that Squadron Models is closing? I see that thye show as "Closed for renovation" but does anyone know if this means the whole place? Or are they going to keep the publications and tools?

No biggie,once upon a time I ordered from them,even used to go to their old Silver Springs MD,always enjoyed their catalog before the internet.
But the truth is,I have not used them in about four years.
Too many better options

The one time about 4 years ago I tried to order a bunch of stuff from them, they messed up. Everything I ordered had IN STOCK on the product page I ordered from.
The first shipment only had a couple of the items. I called them about it and the lady on the phone said the rest would be following in short order. I asked her about why it wasn't shipped with the first order and was it really in stock, and the reply was "of course it is". A couple of weeks later a couple more items showed. When SpruBros had a sale for the remaining items and would have been cheaper, I decided it was time and cancelled the rest of the order.
I only ordered a few books on sale from them since. They lied to me about the (NOT) in stock items and never trusted them again after that.

Something else, the Jeff guy that used to work for them started his own hobby supply place I noticed.

Heard a rumor a number of years ago they were in trouble. I kind had that idea reinforced when attending the Eagle Quest show and they thanked me for paying in cash.

To bad there was some nice people working there.

I have made one purchase from Jef V's corner and had no problems what so ever. I recommend the place and will make another purchase.

I have made one purchase from Jef V's corner and had no problems what so ever. I recommend the place and will make another purchase.
Didn't know they existed.

Was not aware of this guy Jeff, will check him out.

Also I went back and reviewed, stories say they are filing Chapter 7, which i am pretty sure means closing, FWIW

Back