• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spangdahlem F-16C

ij001

Kit - Tamiya
Paint - (Interior & load-out) Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels. (Exterior) Tamiya acrylics mixed-by-eye.
Decals - Superscale & Afterburner.
Extras - Eduard 'Zoom' interior set, Tamiya 'Detail Up' pitot, Hasegawa AIM-9 & Instrument Pod.

General Dynamics / Lockheed Martin F-16C-50 Fighting Falcon 
Assigned to Brg Gen. Donald J. Hoffman 
52nd Fighter Wing
Spangdahlem 2002/03

u3dSJVZ.jpg

7eLyd8S.jpg

JPl6UaN.jpg

aijl2CJ.jpg

UC63mUs.jpg

O6AH3Jy.jpg

Fxo6cH3.jpg

RDPtujm.jpg

cWpIGNy.jpg

Until recently I'd not built an F-16 in any scale for over twenty years, now there's two !!. Not quite a 'shake'n bake' as some thought and attention to the construction sequence is definitely needed. That said all fits very well as we've come to expect... well except the decals - mine shattered into atom-sized pieces as soon as they hit the water, but I was only ever going to use the stencils for the drop tanks. I found some spare in the stash so just got on with it. Eduard Zoom set was a delight to fit and makes a shed-load of difference in my opinion. 

Faded and battered paint is not typical for a 'Wing King' but I've chosen to show this aircraft soon after it's operational deployment to Iraq & Afghanistan, not sure about the historical provenance but I really like the way it looks - hope folks here do too.

Next I'll be finishing an IL2, then... who knows.... Feel free to hurl abuse, comment or ask a question.

Best from NZ.

Ian.

Can't see it yet (work computer blocking it), but I look forward to checking it out when I get home.

Love Spang birds...though I think that largely because they are one of the Weasel bases. :evil:

Back