• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet divisional gun ready for maneuver (DONE)

Gun carriage is almost done

Here some progress photos:
IMG_54901.JPG

IMG_54891.JPG

The idea is following: the gun preparing to change a position, boots took out and put, legs are shifted. The gun barrel and breech aren't covered yet, the gun sight isn't removed, but the cradle is already fixed for the march.

Grey primer

IMG_54921.JPG

:unsure:
now I think how to try 4BO modulation set and chipping fluid? Meanwhile thought such to paint all gun with 3 most dark colors, then put chipping fluid, then to paint with 3 light colors and to peel. As a result I want to receive a ragged gun which already is at war 2 years.
How do you think it has to turn out probably?
:unsure:

Re: Grey primer

That sounds like a plan. I have used the AK Interactive 4BO modulation set and their chipping fluid, I really like them! :ro:

Chipping Fluids experiments

Thanks for watching :)

Today I made a chipping experiment with 2 AK fluids. I guess photos tell about the process :)

There is a cracked paint where was a thick layer of liquid.
IMG_54931.JPG

The wet brush tears off paint easier.
IMG_54951.JPG

For my gun I decided to use only "worn effect".

3 dark colors

Here is the result of painting with 3 dark colors.
IMG_54961.JPG

The photo turned out dark because of a lack of light :( I need more light B)

Now I'm thinking about places where to airbrush the worn effect and how many pieces of gun I need to finish painting :)

Re: 3 dark colors

That looks cool, Roman! The heavy would work well with an old tractor or car, may have to get some!
:drinks

Re: 3 dark colors

Thanks for watching guys :)

I think, I'll need 3 or more hours to airbrush worn effect, than to paint 3 lighter colors and than to peel paint... So next step will be at next weekend, I hope :)

I was tired to clean off the dried-up paint from an airbrush needle before I found the proper proportion of AK paint and thinner :drinks

Back