• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet divisional gun ready for maneuver (DONE)

Roman

Hi.

Here is my start photos:
IMG_54731.JPG

IMG_54751.JPG

Re: Soviet divisional gun on maneuver

Cant wait to see this. Would love your thoughts on the kit.
James

Thank you guys. :Hiay

Some progress:

I replaced K59 part #12 with metal wire
IMG_54811.JPG

Here I moved the location rings to their new location and thinned the upper carriage :)
IMG_54791.JPG

This will an exceptionally detailed gun!

Regards,

:bang head what happen with the gun sight on maneuver? Is it covered with canvas or detached from his firing place? :S :hmmm

Gun sights are easily damaged and removed (sometimes along with the mount) for storage during travel. The muzzle and breech usually are covered with canvas or leather. On some guns, so are the delicate mounts for the gun sight.

This is the ZiS-3, note that the gun sight and mount have been removed while the breech and muzzle are covered with fitted canvas.

ZiS3railtransport.jpg

Regards,

Are you sure you are going to cover the fabulously detailed breech and leave off the wonderful resin gun sight and mount?

For travel, I would've used the kit parts and saved the K-59 items for another build.

Regards,

That is some fine work there, Roman! Maybe change your plan to Target Practice and leave the breech in view? I like what you have do so far! (y)

sharkmouth, Iron Mike thanks for the comments. I want to leave finest K59 breech in view. The K59 gun sight is German, I want to build Soviet gun. And I plan to use 6 horses with limber from ICM for this dio. Probably the horses and limber wouldn't be in this topic. I'll think about hoe to compose horses, limber and gun with breech in view :hmmm

Gun shield done

:v I finished soldering the gun shield and continue with plastic :ro:
some progress photos:
IMG_54841.JPG

and the shield
IMG_54861.JPG

Re: Gun shield done

Looking good! This soldering stuff is amazing to me.

Terry (y)

Terry Thanks :)

I use tin lead solder, soldering acid, butane torch for soldering details to the shield and small soldering tool for putting solder on small details.
IMG_54881.JPG

The trick is to heat the right place, the surplus of heat I bring out with self-tightening tweezers. You can see that I overheated the right side of the shield, boxes and some other parts :)
IMG_54861.JPG

Nice soldering!! should be able to scrub the burned section a little, but then again, maybe the primer will smooth it out for painting.

:popcorn

(y) (y)
Always admire you guys that make PE work look so easy :S

//Mats

Thank you guys!

moon puppy, I sanded a little the overheated section and I think that the primer will smooth it for painting.

bagge, PE work is easy, you must be patient and have a solid hand :zen As for me, PE soldering is much easier than gluing. When gluing the PE you must place it right from the first attempt. I overheated the right side of shield when solder the triangular part for the third time :)

Iron Mike, the rock is always with me :) :ro:

Back