• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Southern Snow Storm

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I got up this AM and got my shower and ready to go to work. checked the local TV station to see if the plant was closed. Nope.. about the time I was heading out the door I got a text...

SNOWDAY!

We've got about 6 inches so far. This storm is coming up from the gulf, generally when they come from that direction it's going to be a big one.

I got some pictures but the stupid windows 7 will not read the stupid card off the stupid camera.....

Yea James, it's brutal. hot java, old movie on the netflix, dogs curled up on the couch after chasing the rouge squirrels.
DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

I give you one guess what i'm doing today and I ain't got no snow shovel...

Rare it is, hardly ever get this much. They are calling for freezing rain tomorrow. All this global warming you know...

They need to pass a law....

Still coming down here. calling for freezing rain tomorrow. This is going to get nasty.

Looks like bench time for Bob :D

We're expecting the same in the next couple days. Time to hit the bench for me.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

I just made the call to stay home, sounds like I wasn't the only one. The forecast is calling for ice tonight, so on top of the snow they don't plow, the drive home could be a challenge! :idonno

Plow is what we do in the spring when we plant cotton and 'maters...whachu talkin' about plow???

The wife was kinda hoping for a little more than six inches , ................................ :blush:

She loves snow , .................................................................................. :blush:

The Storm is gettin ready to land up here now in Richmond V.A. ... It aughta' start inna few minutes ! Good Time to grab some Bench time in th Panzer Shoppe !!

ERIK

I am at a company terminal in Marietta,GA. Snow,then sleet. The garage peeps did not show up today.Most of the office peeps stayed home as well.

I see you got the stupid pic thing sorted out :laugh:

Yeah, ya'll kick back over there while I risk my life to deliver the mail.... the mail must go through. Sorta like the ship MUST have a captain :gogo
I'll bet Bob and Mike were hanging out in front of the fireplaces sipping coffee wondering when the heck the stupid mail man was going to get there :laugh:

p.s. I would like to comment on Cheyenne's comment......nah :woohoo:

Tim

No Mail here..what happen to all that "neither rain, snow sleet or hail..." business?

Well our second wave didn't hit us like they said. Back to work tomorrow. Lots done today.

brilliant!

experience tells me that whatever winterstorm you dudes at the eastern coast face, about six weeks later the same storm pesters us here ...

lovely! really lovely!

Last year, it was snow in Florida. Now, this. You guys must have been really, really naughty.
So far, we only have a dusting in Chicago. However, I'm sure that will soon change.
Peace and Love,
Randy

It's a little after 5am , .......... I'm going to work , .......... it's supposed to start snowing around noon , .......... by tomorrow morning we should have over a foot of snow .

Now let me see , .......... that means I'll have been plowing , shoveling and salting six schools since the Monday after Christmas , ...............

On a different note, like I told Mike last evening, it was 09:30 pm and the thermometer read 93.2 Farenheit... :pinch: How's that for contrast?!
10.gif
Down here we're having one of the hottest summers in the last 20 years! :(

Cheers and stay safe! B)
Fernao

Back