• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Sorry Charlie!" Quad Gun Truck

Re: "Sorry Charlie!" Quad Gun Truck Paint Update

You'll be amazed how much that tone comes down once you start weathering. Leave it as is and keep on truckin'! :soldier

Really starting to come along nicely Mike. (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks great Mike! The seats and wheels look fantastic. Onward to weathering. (y)

Terry B)

Haaa ! I can nearly picture those scalloped flames on the hood :rotf . Just kidding Mike.
Looking forward to the next installment !

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you, fellas! This has not been a real good day, seems my hands won't do what my brain tells it to.

Jim_Ignatowski.jpg

The quad gun has been a challenge, it's still not 100% aligned, but there's a lot of touch ups left to do, so I'll wait until that's over with to install the whole assembly permanently.

IMG_5520.JPG

I decided to try to paint the parts separately, but I could not get a good bond during final assembly. If the guns were aligned, the glue would not grab. When the guns were misaligned, the glue held tight!! Damned gremlin infestation in the Carolinas!!

Gremlin_3.jpg

I managed to get them all lined up, pinned and glued, but still have one barrel off.

Great_Scott21.jpg

More views of where I'm headed.

IMG_5521.JPG

IMG_5522.JPG

IMG_5523.JPG

Some traveling music

:dude

Looking good Mike. As I mentioned, try 5 minute epoxy. I just put a dab of each on a poste it note and then use a tooth pic to mix and apply. HTH and keep it up, dont get sicouraged. (y) (y) (y)
James

:bang head I hate CA glue and avoid it if i can.... Hang in there it's looking very good (y)
//Mats

Stick to your guns Mike!! Oh crap I'm sorry :blush:

Keep at it things are looking good.

Terry B)

I read the whole Thread in one good sweep and... wow! Most entertaining, Mike! Beautiful job on the old leather weathering and the wheels look fantasticaly real! In truth, everything looks superb: you're always outdoing yourself! :dude

I gotta say that each time I get back to MA I find stuff that make my eyes pop: all of you guys are amazing builders! :notworthy

Cheers and be well everyone! B)
Fernao

Holy Schnikes! Someone actually read my whole thread!!?? Great to hear from you, old friend! It makes me happy that I could make someone happy with this build!! It is always good to hear from old friends!!

On that note,

:ro: Diggin' the rhythm! :drinks

So Mike, any new developments on this coolest of buids? :coolio Pretty sure a lotta people are right here, just waitin' on ya... :popcorn

BTW, both clips are awesome: you really have a way of finding great stuff when it comes to music! (y) I listen to the Blue Band at least twice a week! :ro:

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Thanks guys, but I have to admit the little bench time I've had lately has been devoted to the Cold Steel campaign. :blush: I need to finish this bad boy so's I can move on to more lethal projects!! B) B)

Another from the Iron Vault

Until next time! :drinks

Hate you're having such a hard time with the gun barrels. I would try 5 minute epoxy .

I love this build. Very cool .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back