• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Sorry Charlie!" Quad Gun Truck

Mike,

just for information sake the trailer tongue was welded to the body.

m55.jpg

If you still want to model it sans tongue, maybe you could show some left over bits from where they would have cut it off with the torch?

Just food for thought.

K~

Hi Ken! You're right and I had thought about doing that, so I guess that answers that question. (y)

Looking good. If you do add the residue of the towing pintle you could do some cool rust weathering to make it stand out. Looking forward to more.
:popcorn

James

Thanks, guys!! I solved the hitch thing, I cut the tongue off at the joint, then drilled out the bolt holes. Shortened the hitch and added some interest too!

IMG_5481.JPG

IMG_5482.JPG

I shortened the side rails and added some armor.

IMG_5474.JPG

The armor plates for the doors are a field mod, who wants to take a chance on Ambush Alley??

I drilled holes in the tread plate for carriage bolts and made the bolts from straight pin heads.

IMG_5475.JPG

Mocking up the interior location, too bad the engine will be hidden!

IMG_5476.JPG

Another shot of the quad gun mock up, tailgate down.

IMG_5477.JPG

IMG_5479.JPG

Boy, it doesn't look like I accomplished much today, but that scratch built stuff takes a long time. You know, measure, measure, cut, swear! :laugh: The drink container and cassette player are from Academy. Time for supper, calling it quits for today! :drinks

POW-MIA.jpg

Thanks, fellas! I had medical visits today, so no progress was made. Maybe tomorrow for an update? (y)

POW-MIA3.jpg

:drinks

That's exactly what I did with my trailer tongue Mike, it's around this forum somewhere but I don't remember where... :silly:

Thank you, friends!! I have really been slacking at posting update pictures, but this project has just been pecking away. I painted and weathered the interior.

IMG_5483.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

The worn spot in the paint under the driver's feet was done with silver Rub N Buff, dry brushed over the surface. The dirt is Vietnam Earth Mig pigments.

I got a little more help from my friends, I asked Terry and Andy about weathering the tires, they came back with excellent suggestions that I tried to follow.

IMG_5485.JPG

The tires were base painted with Tamiya NATO Black, then I shot a thinned coat of Tamiya Flat Earth in the tread pattern.

IMG_5486.JPG

IMG_5487.JPG

After letting this dry, I then dry brushed more NATO Black over the treads and sidewalls.

IMG_5488.JPG

IMG_5489.JPG

Andy suggests dry brushing some additional colors, which I'll do after I get it all together.

Parts everywhere!

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5491.JPG

How does it always wind up with me working in a 12" x 12" space??

IMG_5492.JPG

I'll leave you for now with this track from the Wheatfield Soul album by The Guess Who.

My copy of the album looks better than the one on the video, but it got played A LOT!

POW-MIA_2.jpg

Re: "Sorry Charlie!" Quad Gun Truck Paint Update

Well, I managed to get a day at the bench, in between some household chores. Here's what the day brought.

I got some of the assembly done, shot a light coat of Olive Drab and Olive Green over the base, then added some highlights with a mix of Olive Green and Buff. It looks more stark with the flash than it does in real life, but it's straight from the paint garage.

IMG_5493.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

Thinking I may need to tone this panel down some.

IMG_5495.JPG

IMG_5496.JPG

Up on the wheels!

IMG_5497.JPG

IMG_5498.JPG

IMG_5499.JPG

Bed installed.

IMG_5500.JPG

IMG_5501.JPG

IMG_5502.JPG

I still have the quad gun assembly to detail paint and put together, so I'll leave you with another cut from the Iron Mike Archives, off the Machine Head album, Deep Purple's Space Truckin'!

POW_eagle.jpg

Back