• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Somua S-35

jknaus

Administrator
Ran into a road block with the Pz IV so to keep on building started the Tamiya Somua S-35 and the Meng Jeep. So this is the Somua thread. Building one from the 4e Cuirassier Reg. Grabbed a copy of the scheme from Scalemates.
full

Mostly built. Just need to add bits and bobs from the DEF upgrade and other parts after I start painting. Used the barels from the Aber barrel set rather than the DEF upgrade.
full

full

full

full

full

Just waiting on some paint to arrive and need to find some Mr Surfacer as mine was driied up. Need to redo the turret seams and a few other places. Also put on casting marks when I find out how to use the def markings. Tracks this weekend and hopefully as easy as everyone says.
James

Looks great with the details James!

I love these tanks, they look so odd compared to others from that time

Thanks everyone. Nice kit and easy to assemble. Unfortunately the floor monster stole one of the railings. I got another kit so I can rob the railing to finish this. Now just to see if Tamiya parts department will send me a new sprue. I used the DEF update set for this and it has the casting marks in a 3d decal. I just got the DEF conversion to make a German version and it comes with the casting marks and all the parts that make a German one German. It also has the original top turret in resin and the German version so will use the original for this one. The conversion also has a number of markings options and decals. I can soon get this painted.
James

Back