• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Somewhere on the Russian Steppe

Watching-with-Popcorn.jpg

Hey Mike!

Great project!

The scope of the project kind of reminds me of............... me! :)

Thanks for the kind words Mate, but you don't need me to be inspired! You've got plenty of inspiration all by yourself! In fact, this project inspires me. I wish I was building it! I want to see this one every step of the way!

:vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood:

Bob

Thanks Guys,

Bob, I appreciate your words and inspiration.

I have long been wanting to get back to the Takom King tiger diorama commenced a long time ago.
here https://modelersalliance.org/threads/takom-tiger-2-repair-dio.152934/page-9

One of the stumbling blocks was the house was to have crates of beer stacked in the ground floor tucked away for the viewer to see the inside of the house.
The beer bottles had proved more of a challenge with the large number of little decals and every time I opened the box it was a daunting task that was going to take a bit of time.
Happy to say I'm 80% near completion of the beer bottles and will be able to move forward on the other large diorama I have at hand as well.
Here is a quick snap of the work.

Note the decals had been sat in the silver tray of Mr Mark Softener in sections before applying onto the bottles, the decal material needed to be softened to help them conform around the bottle along with a little water. I used fine brushes to move them onto the bottles and removed the excess water and softener by dabbing the brush onto paper towel.
You may not see the beer bottle label when its in the crate but I wanted the experience to see how difficult it was.
It is difficult.🤬
miniart beer bottles and crates.jpg

Once all the labels are on the bottles I move onto priming the panzers.

Michael

It is well worth doing the hard stuff Mike. While it is daunting, the experience you got will make future work much easier and less daunting.
3D_emoticon_185.gif

I know exactly what you mean Michael! Many times I have had a huge number of those repetitive projects for a diorama. Over the years, I finally learned to get it done this way. I work on the creative stuff, until I have one of my non-creative days. I have them at least once or twice a month. During that time, I can do nothing right! Everything I touch turns to crap! Originally, I would just give up, walk away and consider the day a loss. Then one day, I sat there, looked at one of those projects like you posted above and thought, If I can't do anything creative, I'll just sit here and do the boring, repetitive stuff. Since it requires no creativity at all, I'll finally have it done and behind me.

Not sure it would work for anybody else, but it does for me. Just think how good it is going to look when all that is done!!!!

Bob

Awesome work Micheal. I just started that car this weekend and wow its nice but so many tiny parts. Looking at yours its making me want to keep going. Really cant wait to see how this turns ouot. It looks so cool already.
James

I know exactly what you mean Michael! Many times I have had a huge number of those repetitive projects for a diorama. Over the years, I finally learned to get it done this way. I work on the creative stuff, until I have one of my non-creative days. I have them at least once or twice a month. During that time, I can do nothing right! Everything I touch turns to crap! Originally, I would just give up, walk away and consider the day a loss. Then one day, I sat there, looked at one of those projects like you posted above and thought, If I can't do anything creative, I'll just sit here and do the boring, repetitive stuff. Since it requires no creativity at all, I'll finally have it done and behind me.

Not sure it would work for anybody else, but it does for me. Just think how good it is going to look when all that is done!!!!

Bob

Yeah, I do this as well. I do have some 1/72 scale water bottles to add decal labels to for one of my M-1 Abrams tanks. I'm waiting for a non-creative day to do them. Fortunately there's only a half dozen or so.

Those beer bottles do look fantastic. Congrats on getting so many done.

Thank you for your comments.

It's full steam ahead with getting the figures prepared for priming. I'm covering a small percentage of figures that have been built for the Takom King Tiger diorama. They are the dudes at the front. Have been sitting in the box for 3 years and thought I may as well prime them at the same time.
All of them will be individually hand painted with enamel and acrylic paints with oil paints for the hands and faces.
The Figure Brands are a combination of Tamiya, Masterbox, Dragon, Tristar(Hobbyboss), Stalingrad, Bravo 6, Riich, Legends with a Couple of Alpine Figures tucked away in the corner.
Diorama figures.jpg

Diorama figures 2.jpg

Diorama figures 3.jpg

Diorama figures 5.jpg
Diorama figures 4.jpg

Michael

LOL! Looks like a Headless Horseman convention, meeting to determine what is the best pumpkin to use! I love it! Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks Guys.

I managed to get them all Primed the other day with Vellajo's primer. First time using this primer and it was fantastic, straight out of the bottle no thinning. Shake the bottle well and pour into the airbrush cup.

Primed figures.jpg

Michael 🍻 :Drinks:

Thanks Bob and Hello again,

Here is the next stage of the figure painting. Primed in Vellajo Acrylics and highlighted with Humbrol enamel and a dash of white oil paint highlights.
Being a little rusty on the figure painting. The last time using the paintbrush was over 12 months ago. Small steps :soldieron
Figures early stages.jpg

Michael

Back