• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

something easy for a change

Paulw

No am parts, no pe, raised panel lines and rivets and all what I can find in the spares box and whats laying around the house.

IMG_1035.jpg

I am having fun on this one. I also didnt do too bad at the spinner spinner spiral, if I do say so myself.
I am quite surprised how well this kit fit together after some 30 years in the box and it fared well. The only issue I had is with the engine which I think is an embarrassment so I chose to keep the cowling closed. Motor mounts were warped and it just didnt fill the void well at all. so here are some ip pics.

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

better pics come when I am finished with the build.....

Very nice! The spinner spiral looks good.

I know the prop is not glued on yet so its not too late to change it...the prop is on backwards in your pictures, the curved edges should be on the trailing edge and not the leading edge.

Matrixone

It is done and I had a good time doing this the way I wanted. I know there are some issues here on this build but it is an old Revell kit and this is about as far as I wanted to go with it. Crooked wheels no weathering, no panel lines, blah blah blah. I used this to try some new techniques like the spinner spiral and the antenna wire.
I saw a walk around with theses colors on it or close to the colors and soft demarcation lines so I thought I would free hand a bit to try out the new tips and my ever increasingly unsteady hands.
I do hope you like it.
IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Its not an award winner but then it was never intended to be. I like it and well I hope you do also.

Wow, that certainly was fast ! Glad you tried to learn some new things . :cheer:

Best of all you had fun.

Cheers, Christian B)

I do like it Paul, your lines are nice and straight, good freehand work. I really like the soot effect, feathered nicely going back down the wing root.

You had a good time and practiced some new stuff, mission accomplished! (y)

Looks great Paul! (y)

Glad to see others not afraid to build an older kit, they can be just as much fun to finish as a modern ''wonder kit'' from Japan.

Matrixone

Back