• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Smoke Em' if you Got Em'

Hey, I bought a cigarette store. Myself, the wife and a friend of ours went in on it. This is one of the reasons I haven't really been around or building much. Getting everything finalized took a while to do:

Store002_zps3d8a51ee.jpg

Store001_zps982ae5dc.jpg

And before anyone asks, yes I do:

Store003_zps88892ff4.jpg

If you had told me 3 months ago that I would someday be building a Russian tank on top of a display cabinet full of American made glass products I would have said you were crazy.

Cool! congratulations Jeff. Glad you got some type of bench to work on now. I'll pass on the smokes but will take a Reese Cup. (y)

Thanks guys. I'm so glad to be working again and being my own boss is just icing on the cake.

The thing that bothered me the most about not working was my children seeing it. Its kinda hard to impress upon them the value of getting out there and working when, with the exception of doing work around the house/yard, all they see is their father sitting on his butt all day.

They were both very young when I was in the Navy so don't remember all the days where I was long gone by the time they woke up and didn't get home until dinner time. Hell, when I retired, my son was only four and my daughter was two.

I worked for myself for several years, boss could be a jerk sometimes... :stinker but it was rewarding getting that killer contract but then I was worried about where the next one would come from. Good retail store with a steady clientele and great products, I'm sure you'll do fine. Now setup a spray booth in the back room and you can really get some stuff done in the slow times. (y)

Don't use those bongs and then model sniffin model glue all day should be enough !!!

How much ya charge for a lb. of 1839 smooth Virginia pipe tabaccy , I roll my own with one of them there hand crank ciggy machines .

Don't use those bongs and then model sniffin model glue all day should be enough !!!

How much ya charge for a lb. of 1839 smooth Virginia pipe tabaccy , I roll my own with one of them there hand crank ciggy machines .

20.05 for the pipe 'baccy. I can't believe its so much cheaper than the cigarette stuff.

Oh, and they aren't bongs, they are water pipes that are for "Tobacco Use Only". It says so right on the sign.

20.05 for the pipe 'baccy. I can't believe its so much cheaper than the cigarette stuff.

Oh, and they aren't bongs, they are water pipes that are for "Tobacco Use Only". It says so right on the sign.

Yup that fancy Tobacco that makes you hungry for Cheetos and Funyuns :rotf Here pretty soon it will be legal here in Oregon. Awesome to see you back at work Jeff (y)

Back