• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show me your work bench

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I thought we had a thread on this before but I can't find it.
I'm at the point in my shop build where I'm setting up my work bench and I'm devoid of ideas of how to organize.
So inspire me guys. Show me your work benches!
This is basiclly how mine is sitting right now. I need some more overhead light and some focused workbench light.
1657761074493.png

Thanks John!
Mag bar for tool access...noted. :vgood:
That's one heavy duty work bench to the right,

I talked about a peg board at one time but I see you're not really making use of it. Looks good Tony. I do have some paint racks on the way. Eric suggested using fingernail polish racks and it sounded good to me.

I talked about a peg board at one time but I see you're not really making use of it. Looks good Tony. I do have some paint racks on the way. Eric suggested using fingernail polish racks and it sounded good to me.
Sometimes I will tack up the decal instructions,color pallette,or some notes up there for quick refrence.
I keep more paint,pigments,and washes in the big drawer,tools in the bin on top.

Dang, I forget about that big drawer I have in the middle of my bench, I also have two down the side I need to make better use of.
I'm just not a good organizer. You should see my office at work, I don't even go there anymore!

Currently can't see my bench....it's buried in plastic & instructions. :LOL:

I'm going to try to do a clean/purge once I get past the RX-7 & F-4EJ.

With mine it has been a whole room. There have been several iterations from super cluttered to clean and organized. The current iteration is still a total mess from me moving stuff around and weeding out. My suggestion is to do a "paper doll" layout to figure out where everything should go.

20210107_153415.jpg
This is what my last iteration of my workbench looked like. A corner computer desk with lots of nooks and cranies to store stuff. I added a triangular piece to the work top to make a comfortable work space. Paints are stored in boxes on the keyboard tray under the work top. I'll have to lower it to get the new vallejo paint bottles to fit but for now those fit in the upper cubby on the left. I say it was my last iteration because I have recently moved and am reduced to a kitchen table for the moment. (See my other post)

View attachment 151576
This is what my last iteration of my workbench looked like. A corner computer desk with lots of nooks and cranies to store stuff. I added a triangular piece to the work top to make a comfortable work space. Paints are stored in boxes on the keyboard tray under the work top. I'll have to lower it to get the new vallejo paint bottles to fit but for now those fit in the upper cubby on the left. I say it was my last iteration because I have recently moved and am reduced to a kitchen table for the moment. (See my other post)
Thanks Dave, good to see ya!
I think I need to focus on the desk. I keep looking at all the racks I have but that desk I have has drawer space that needs to be cleaned out and organized.

Here is the last iteration of my workroom. The current iteration has everything shifted around.

WR1.jpg

WR2.jpg

WR3.jpg

Here was the paper doll layout for the above workroom

Layout 01.jpg

Here is the paper doll layout for my current work room. It is a bit of a cluttered mess at the moment.

Layout 2022.jpg

In my Canvas program I can draw up the items to scale and then make them objects that I can move around and rotate. Had doors, window, and other bits all done previously, I just moved stuff around till I felt good with the layout.

Last edited:
Thanks Frank.
I basically got a clean slate here but it's not really clean and all my junk is piled into tubs. I guess I got a mental block on how to get started. Will do it ASAP though!

Back