• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show me your work bench

1659305860945.png

Getting there! I'm kinda thinking that the drafting table I use is just too big, too deep. More progress and at a quicker pace is expected.
More info here

Closer now. Getting there. After such a long hiatus, I wonder if you will try to start 15 models or so just to make up for lost time?:coolio2:
:Drinks:

Closer now. Getting there. After such a long hiatus, I wonder if you will try to start 15 models or so just to make up for lost time?:coolio2:
:Drinks:
Starting them is not the problem. I'm going for completions.
The two that were on the bench when we moved will be priority, the Jeep and the Jap Tank. :soldier
After that it's anyone's guess but I'm really leaning to one of the kids that Dad sent me a while back.

Glad to see I'm not the only one using old signage.

I need a swing arm light like you got John, just can't find one right now. The light bar where it is is casting a big shadow on what would be facing me so I need to work that out.

Glad to see I'm not the only one using old signage.

I need a swing arm light like you got John, just can't find one right now. The light bar where it is is casting a big shadow on what would be facing me so I need to work that out.
The sign is from my granddad's repair shop he ran from the mid 60's through the 90's

That looks like a nice lamp, I just have the cheap Harbor Freight model. Sometimes I drill a hole in the table instead of using the clamp base.

Sometimes I drill a hole in the table instead of using the clamp base.
I got that, had one of those Ott desk lamps mounted at the old place but I can't find the stinkin' replacement bulb, lamp's gone now anyway so need new.

Hello Bob,

Its been awhile posting, The kitroom is going through some changes at present. All the large cabinets have been removed and the kits are now awaiting purpose built glass door robe shelving which will be built in the next 2 weeks. the glass door robe will be on the left side for all the stuff on the tables hopefully to all fit inside. The bigest dio is 400mm wide.
kit room 1.jpg

Viewing into the second room there has been a switch around of the painting desk. All the kit boxes closest to the camera are going to be stored in another robe on the opposite side of the glass door robe and at present its a little tight.
Kit room 2.jpg

The next image shows the back up paint shelves and building desk where all the models are built. Along with the DVD collection starting to amass whilst building the kits.
kit room 3.jpg

This is where the painting and weathering comes together.
Kit room 4.jpg
And finally the massed collection of unbuilt kits, built kits awaiting to go together for painting, resin figures, detail sets in the black tubs with the black box at the bottom full of diorama products.
kit room 5.jpg

Will update the thread once the robes go in and I get back to some form of normalization.

I hope this gives you some ideas for your workbench.

Michael:drunks: :drink

Great setup Mike. I see you got a whitewashed PIV on the work bench. Any updates on the Russian Steppe?

Thanks Guys,

Bob,
The russian steppe dio, Takom king tiger repair dio and the italerie 1/35 s100 schnellboot are all on hold till the shelving goes in.
Its been along couple of years with many kits started and nothing finished.

The panzer 4 is the first snow covered vehicle built in 15 years. Trying the techniques that are out there with white wash tanks.

Trying to keep under the radar at present with the kit builds.

Want to come back with a bang with finished builds for next year.

Who knows they may end at the 2023 IPMS Nats.🤞

Michael:Drinks:

Back