• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Short Stirling B.Mk.1

Plastik Smurff

This kit has been in the stash for a while but being a Airfix kit I have been dubious on building it.
But the choice was this or the 1/48th Lanc which I have no room for at the moment so we shall see how this goes.
Start up pic's.

DSC_0231_Resize.jpg

DSC_0232_resize~1.jpg

Superb choice and one of the very best of the 2nd generation Airfix kits, right up there with the Sunderland and B-29. Bare in mind it dates from 1968, so no shake-and-bake for you, friend :eek:ldguy

Ian..

Nice big Monster to build. Good luck!

I really like your FW 190 in the Background.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks mate that has sat on the shelf for a while with no decals on it.I did build it for a campaign and I ordered some extra decals for it but by the time they arrived I forgot which one it was for. :bang head :bang head :bang head

Superb choice and one of the very best of the 2nd generation Airfix kits, right up there with the Sunderland and B-29. Bare in mind it dates from 1968, so no shake-and-bake for you, friend :eek:ldguy

Ian..

Very true mate.There is alot of flash on this and alot of thinning to be done around the wings.
That in itself is no problem just the fact that the old raised detail of that era is a pain in the butt :bang head Time will tell how good I can make this look. :)

Back