• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shipbuilders

Looks like we got about seven people for this. Lets Git-R-Done!!!

Just picked up a U.S.S. San Fransisco

B)

do starSHIPS count? That Klingon ship in "Voyage Home' floated for awhile...

I'll wait this one out, unless I can find a 1/72 Schnelboot. Dont send links, lol I know where one is. No time this time. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with though.

This sounds like a good one to get my feet wet on this site. what about already started projects? I've got a Snowberry in the building docks already but it has been inactive for a couple years or more. Only about 20% done. Got plenty of other options though if that don't work.

I have an Arizona, An Indianapolis, and a Titanic. Oh yeah..... a Heller 1/100 HMS Victory is in the stash also. Do I dare...................................?????????????????????????

Arrrgh! How long does it take to glue two hull halves together? I say penalize him 1 hour- lol I want to see that 1/72 Schnelboot, that revel kit is on my list...

I'm still not in this, still figuring lights in the saucer - finishing the BMW R/75 and some other things.

my position is clear (no, i won't say it!) but i admit that the temptation is epic!

so i stay neutral with this decision and accept whatever the majority favors! abstention from my side!

i mean ... an u-boot from ian, that's very, very tempting and i already know that your u-boot will be nothing less than bombastic ian!

I hate to be a kiljoy, but this campaign hasnt even got a start date associated. It probably wont start till next year so even with a rule change how far will everyone get before we even start for real?
James

PS I'd still like to see the build though.

hmmm ... we got six players (bob, terry, moi, joachim, dave, dollar19) and one heavily interested (ian) ... 'nuff players ...

and bob had suggested january as start date (... fine with me ...) - length: 18 months?

Alright, I am going to cast my vote with some reasoning.

I say no rule changes after so much interest was shown in the Campaign. The fact is that a rule change could be used to bring in people if the Campaign isn't getting enough participation. Otherwise, it should be declared from the outset that previously started kits are allowed.

Now, about Ian's predicament- Two, and only two parts are stuck together. I see no issue as most of the kits is unbuilt. Less that 5% built is close to none as long as we see a dated photo of it now and it is in the same condition in the dated photo at the start of the Campaign.

Really, I love the idea of allowing WIPs but even for the Campaigns that allow them, those that declare they want to enter a WIP MUST show the work they plan to enter in a dated photograph and have a new dated photograph showing the same condition at the start date. It is only fair to those starting new kits to see the progression of the build.

To practice what I preach, I plan to enter my gun jeep in the Charlie Don't Surf Redux and have stopped the build. If this simple rule is adopted, I shall post my dated photo in the sign up thread so all can see the condition of it now and compare it to the condition at the start date.

Regards,

Back