• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman M4A3 (75)-1/35 Tamiya

Cheyenne wrote:
Nice work Aleksandr , ............ she's a beauty , you've got some very cool pe work going on there !!!

It is very glad that work was pleasant, I continue to work

Thanks Erik!!!

I continue work

8e81069f2d35.jpg

0cdfba9d01ff.jpg

f724e23fe65a.jpg

6777e3c5b51f.jpg

4e2739f4dc1f.jpg

d023a891aef5.jpg

357cda4a78ef.jpg

2229dff53564.jpg

Hey Aleksandr
You do some terrific photoetch work; so clean and precise!
The turret looks the business, but I have to ask if you are going the rout of adding the thickened cheek armour on the right side of the turret?
In addition to this, the gunners periscope (in the armoured cover in front of the cupola) should be set back inside a little more, not flush with the opening.
What were your plans with the running gear? Were you going to leave the ones you have on, or were you going to change them for the 'upswept' arms for the return rollers?
Look forward to more progress!
Brad

Looking good, Aleksandr! If it's not too late, you might want to turn the horse shoe to have the points up. That way, the luck doesn't run out. Mighty nice build!!

BradJ wrote:
Hey Aleksandr
You do some terrific photoetch work; so clean and precise!
The turret looks the business, but I have to ask if you are going the rout of adding the thickened cheek armour on the right side of the turret?
In addition to this, the gunners periscope (in the armoured cover in front of the cupola) should be set back inside a little more, not flush with the opening.
What were your plans with the running gear? Were you going to leave the ones you have on, or were you going to change them for the 'upswept' arms for the return rollers?
Look forward to more progress!
Brad
Thanks Brad!
Periscope I can not already correct, has strongly pasted :)
I at all did not know that it is necessary to do a reservation thickening on a tower
:blush: Like did not see a photo :blush:
Can I am wrong have made running, but did on it a photo

8df5b75fadba.jpg

But in any case late to alter, I will break half of model,I very strongly do :blush:

Many thanks for participation in my work,especially when far apart and like it turns out that there is no distance :drink

Iron Mike wrote:
Looking good, Aleksandr! If it's not too late, you might want to turn the horse shoe to have the points up. That way, the luck doesn't run out. Mighty nice build!!
Thanks Mike!
I will turn today a horseshoe, I did not know this sign.
Thought simply fortunately and good luck :)

Always glad to help, my friend! Can't wait to see what else you have planned!! (y)

Hi Aleksandr
This photo should clarify the support arm in question on this TRV.
The centre bogey assembly is the same as what you have on your kit at present, whereas the left and right assemblies are of the newer redesigned style where you can see the arm has a definite bend in it's appearance to sit it the roller wheel higher than the previous to increase tension on the track.

rolleranomoly.jpg

I would say that there was damage to the arm or bogey assembly complete on this TRV and the maintenace depot was low on replacements same for same.
But know that all M4A3 with wet stowage (as is yours) were built with the upswept style, and a situation like the above pic could occur but maybe to only one or two of the assemblies?
Brad

Brad thanks you for an explanation.Most likely I have made a mistake without having understood correctness.I will try to approach in more details in the future to this question.But as they say, business is already made,to correct I cannot any more, I can break much.
I thank you for the help in my work, without you I would not learn the errors. :peace

kolche wrote:
Iron Mike wrote:
Always glad to help, my friend! Can't wait to see what else you have planned!! (y)
In plans to make dio with it Sherman after I wish to make King Tigr Porshe
Sounds like that will be very interesting, I'll be watching your progress! :)

That is one awesome looking 50 cal!!!! Great job- can't wait to see what a coat of paint looks like on it!
Steven

stevenk wrote:
That is one awesome looking 50 cal!!!! Great job- can't wait to see what a coat of paint looks like on it!
Steven
Thanks, too I wish to see this model in a paint :) :) :)

Back