• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman IDF M50

Well, the temps outside went from the 90's to the 60's like it saw a state trooper!

That meant I could get on the front porch to spray. here are the results, along with the reference pic i am building to:
ZONKERS2.png
tnk1.jpg
tnk2.jpg
tnk4.jpg
tnk4.jpg

tnk3.jpg

So the grey-blue from AK Interactive is waaaaay more blue than grey! So I had some Tamiya Gull Grey, and I super-lightly misted that on, then went back with the AK Interactive and hit that with grey blue in a few spots. Next was the AK interactive Grey-black, and I did basically the same with the stripes. In the reference pic, I find it off they just literally sprayed over even the spare link/track pads, but there we are! Also, the running gear that was left in IDF Sand-grey was painted using an old bottle of Model master IDF Sand grey, I don't even think they make that anymore. Either way, really came out nice!

Ready for weathering, me thinks

Reference pic:
aaa5.jpg

and where we sit as of today:
aaa6.jpg
aaa7.jpg
aaa8.jpg
aaa9.jpg
aaa10.jpg
aaa11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That first pass of oils looks good there Bruce!! Don't forget to hit the entire kit vehicle with a pin wash to pull out all them details.
:good:

Bruce, looking really good. This is way beyond my paltry skills and I applaud your skills and work. if I were to ever build a tank, it would be OOB and I would probably have someone build up the tracks for me or just get rubber band tracks.

It hass some imperfections os not really good enough for competition, but considering that it is hands down the hardest kit EV-AR, I am happy with it

Back