• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth's Steyr Waffenträger Updated Nov. 22

Re: Sharkmouth's Krupp Steyr Waffenträger

:hmmm ..... I wonder if it would've been better to start with Plasti-Card ? :D

You Go SHARK !! Rock it out Brotha' !! Yeah ..... turn it into a Swan !!

:drinks :popcorn ( now would be a good time for the Beer & Peanuts Emocon - just a thought. ..... )

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work you go! Keep at it Saul! :v

B)

grumpy-dwarf.jpg

You do such cool build blogs. A lot of things I would probably have overlooked and then been less than pleased about later and you got them all mapped out. Cool stuff Saul. Watching this with great interest.
James

Wow, I did a lot of actual research on this and compared the design style of Steyr to what is in the kit (basically a copy of the New Connection Models kit with all the errors). I have begun the process of building a better Waffle-tray.

While I don't want to get as carried away as Kunihito does, I do think I'm Turning Japanese!

Posts with pictures coming as I get some stuff polished...

Regards,

Turning Japanese....now I got this strange image in my mind of you walking around in a kimono! :woohoo: :D

Great link on the STUH,Saúl! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

now I got this strange image in my mind of you walking around in a kimono!

A kimono and nothing else? I have more Love and Pride than that!

By the way, thank Laura for introducing me to the idea of posting the music I listen to while modeling, or pertinent to what I am modeling. Yes, I am stuck in the 1980s and don't regret it.

Photos to show preparations PRIOR to step one in the instructions should anyone want to build a better Waffle Tray...
Step Zero:
SteyrStepZero01.JPG

SteyrStepZero02.JPG

Regards,

It's amazing to see that you are always correcting the kitparts.
All that research and then the work involved to get it done right....don't know if I would go so far,or it has to be some really easy to do things.

I take my hat of to you sir Saúl. :drinks

Love and pride....that's a long long time ago! :blink

Saludos,ReconocimientoRonaldo. :D

Re: Sharkmouth's Steyr Waffenträger Updated Nov. 13

Fantastic stuff Saul. The music is a bit terrifying, but the modeling is awesome.
James

Good stuff Saul, well, most of it...You and I had very different 80s, :ro:

You and I had very different 80s, :ro:

Nah, the rest of the 1980s are there... just need the right moment to pop in the music!

James, there were far more frightening 'artists' such as 'Dead or Alive' or 'Culture Club' but I was very secure about myself when my brother pointed out that much of what I listened was performed by artists that would prefer me to Marylin Monroe!
:rotf

Funny thing is that Paul King, the artist above, intentionally acted that way as it was the 'in' thing but had a crush on Jessica Lange after seeing her in King Kong (got married too and is still involved with both MTV and VH1).

Regards,

paul king! :woohoo:

great stuff - i had so completely forgotten about him! unfortunately this video isn't available in germany (copyright regulations - removed upon request by sony ... thank you!)

your corrections done to the model are sheer madness (in a positive way!)

Great work Saul! i couldn't see the video either (Belgium) must be big brother that make sure we don't watch that stuff again :))
I was into the Heavy metal in the 80's, with AC/DC , Iron maiden and Twisted sisters, Wasp Etc.
Looking forward to your next update! :)
//Mats

I was into the Heavy metal in the 80's, with AC/DC , Iron maiden and Twisted sisters, Wasp Etc

I used to go to many concerts and clubs and even met Twisted Sister without their makeup. You didn't mention Quiet Riot:

Regards,

Yes ofcourse! :)
Wow nice to meet dee snyder &co!!

OK, the update is more than 1 year and two weeks... so sue me!
:yipee :rotf

SteyrStepZero03.JPG

These cutouts are based on measurements of the surviving part of the lower hull tub. I'll endeavor to point out what is factual and what will be conjecture.

Regards,

If building this kit, at step 9, you are directed to glue the gun trunnions, parts C14 & C15:
1595251257385.png

Don't! Instead, remove the overhead ledge and end up with a turret looking like this:
SteyrStepZero05.jpg

Having glued the items, I then removed them and thinned the top edges of the turret walls:
SteyrStepZero04.jpg

By the way, I am using Krupp drawings for the turret which I am not allowed to publish, but they are better than the guesswork used in New Connections Models kit (which Trumpeter faithfully copied).

Regards,

saul, it's really good to see you chopping and filling again- cheers! :drinks

Thanks Chukw! My wife is allowing me some bench time as I am doing the cooking (plus she is off tomorrow but not I).

Regards,

Back