• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth's Steyr Waffenträger Updated Nov. 22

Well, I used an Olfa circle cutter to make the details on the rear of the road wheels didn't turn out as I wished. I will try again.

I then looked over the sprockets. Noticing that they are of the type with the Steyr logo, I checked my Italeri RSO. Since the kit's sprockets are terrible, I knew I had ordered a set of ModelKasten tracks with replacement sprockets. Yet, they don't have the logo!

It was Cyber Monday and I was looking around and found Dragon's RSO/03 on sale. I always wanted to build an ambulance version and these, built by other companies, didn't have the Steyr logo on the sprockets but the kit does! I ordered the kit.

Then, on eBay, I saw a set of replacement sprockets for the "Steyer" which includes logos. Buy it Now was pressed and they are on their way to me. As you can see, one thing leads to another...

Once in my possession, I will use the Dragon sprockets on one side and the Tank sprockets on the other. The Dragon kit will get the ModelKasten sprockets on the Dragon kit and modify the left over parts for the Italeri kit which, thankfully, will be muddied!

:nopics

Regards,

Last edited:
Well, the first pair (of two needed) are now available for the Waffentraeger. They come from this kit.

DragonRSO252520022.JPG

The Steyr stamped logo on the hubs is what I need:
DragonRSO252520020.JPG

Now, I await the Tank Model resin set I bought on eBay.

Regards,

A quick and overdue update. I have received the TANK wheels from eBay and they are nice but they are too different from the Dragon kit to mix. So, I bought a second Dragon RSO/3 and will use the Tank wheels on it.
1595251454042.png

Also, I have been busy trying to master a good roadwheel, with inside details, but all I am doing is mucking them up.

I was to start work on the turret but my friend, Tom Jentz, passed and I did not want to bother the draftsman during the reorganization of Panzer Tracts. I will see if he has time next week to discuss this build.

Yeah, I know!
:nopics

Regards,

Well, I spoke to Hilary L. Doyle and he has agreed to help me with the turret. So, we are back on!

Also, he gave me information on Panzer Tracts future releases seen here

Regards,.

Last edited:
Too bad this has gone on to the shelf of forget-about-it. I would have liked to see it finished with all the fixes. I understand how it turns into a big fix everything build (as nothing is correct) Have a couple of those myself.

Too bad this has gone on to the shelf of forget-about-it.

Being a sandbagger, I have worked on it. My issue is not being able to share the references I am now using which are Primary documents including a cutaway of the turret in the body. Also, I am not set up to cast the road wheels but TMD (Tiger Model Designs) will do it once their orders slow down. The road wheels were the largest hurdle.

Regards,

Back