• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SEAC Hurricane * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

...found this for the second time.

First time was when I was going through my packing boxes in Summer 2012/13, I made a start on it and got quite a way through, so really this is more of a 'finishing-off' project. The reason I've dug-it-out is simply because the Hurri is at virtually the same point as my Corsair, so it's a 'no-brainer' to get them finished side-by-side.

So don't touch that dial... progress will be happening very soon.

Ian

ps:
Dollar19
this is entirely your fault, your Mk.I is the other reason this has come back to the bench !!

SEAC Hurricane

Lost your bet, man, was sort of expecting it :facepalm - So to keep 'His Bob'ness' happy(ish) here's a coupla snaps I've just taken...

h5056725.JPG

hd41d50b.JPG

h96339b3.JPG

So alongside the F4U it will be oil washed early next week.

AFN

Ian

SEAC Hurricane

Man, I'm happy to be working again, but really chews in to your 'bench time' :facepalm

Just a little progress since last time. On the undersides I've simply put-on a thin dirty black wash into all the panel lines and started a little 'staining' from the flap actuators - there's a lot more of that to come later. On the topsides I've done a little chipping here and there with a couple of very fine sable brushes and my trusty tin of Humbrol 56 'Aluminium'.

h41e4fe8.jpg

hd327352.jpg

Whilst on the topsides I added some light chipping. I've used a couple of sable brushes and my trusty tin of Humbrol 56 'Aluminium'. Just at the moment it looks a little too prominent, but that will recede as I add another couple of light washes and some more exhaust staining.

h656962a.jpg

Stay tuned, more to come next week, hopefully.

Ian

SEAC Hurricane

Got me some streaks'n stains happeninig... all oil paints:

h9a9c650.jpg

he3ee7ac.jpg

h3449baa.jpg

On the topsides, just a 'dirty black' panel wash, no streaks on the top...

ha7a11fd.jpg

h79a76ce.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian

SEAC Hurricane

:blush: Cannot believe it's over four weeks since I last updated the Hurri.

Now that the Corsair is happily snuggled-up in the cabinet, I really wanted to finish this in order to also take it to the 'Armistice in Cambridge Show' next month. The problem is how far away from my 'comfort zone' I deliberately forced myself to go to achieve this. Y'see I always knew that in order for folks to see all the work I'd done in the 'pit, I'd need to exchange the Hasegawa canopy for a vac-form... I HATE vac-form canopies...

So on Thursday evening I took a deep breath, grabbed some cutting tools, strong coffee ( :java ) and did this:

h23967ff.jpg

I needed the forward portion to cut clean and true, the moving rear section was going to be scrapped anyways. I was lucky and got the good cut I was after. Next I roughly hacked the Hurricane canopy from the Falcon sheet and masked just the rear section:

hcfa4af2.jpg

Last job on Thursday was to spray it RAF Dark Green - I didn't bother with the inside colour as it won't be seen anyways. Before I sprayed the canopy, I added the (overly ?) complicated main gear... again lots of patience and very close attention to the instructions. If you have a Hasegawa Hurri in your 'to do' pile, this is the part where you really need to concentrate... trust me on this. Anyhoos it went together without me having to resort to foul language. I also added the excellent Quickboost resin tanks & pylons and the equally excellent Ultracast exhausts. At midnight, the model looked like this:

ha15d6fd.jpg

h3e07700.jpg

h0ad670b.jpg

h6fc6181.jpg

... I was very happy with the progress and went to bed !!

Ian

SEAC Hurricane

I mentioned earlier today that I was 'on-watch' all afternoon at Taranaki Coastguard, but when I came home and had a bite to eat, my internal batteries re-charged and instead of flopping on the couch to watch Doctor Who, I wandered to my bench and began 'fiddling' with the Hurri...

he7e0396.JPG

...and finished it !!

Yep, the Hasegawa windscreen dropped in to place, the vac-form sliding section dropped in to place, nav lights, aerials, bead sight and Quickboost cannons... In 45mins it was all done. Only problem was, my Fuji FinePix had eaten all its' batteries and I only had my phone to take this 'orrible photo. I'll post some 'proper' pics tomorrow.

Feeling pretty pleased with m'self, I have to admit :dance . As ever thanks for following and encouraging me on this one. Think I'll have another coffee and get my breath back.

AFN

Ian

Back