• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sdkfz 251/23

Hello everyone!!

Happy to see this new website. Unfortunately, I have very little time for modelling and to visit internet forums. Hope that this will be solved in 2010.... :(

Here you can find my last work, a 1/48 Tamiya Sdkfz 251 D including a Gasoline Sdkfz 234/1 resin turret with some scratch work here and there to make one of the oddest versions of this halftrack, the Sdkfz 251/23. Unfortunately, Hauler PE set is not too much useful with this version.

No real pictures available of this vehicle, so, I´ll paint it in a "imaginative" way.

CopiadeDSC_0028_060.jpg

CopiadeDSC_0029_061.jpg

Any opinion or suggestions will be highly apreciated.

That looks great so far. The conversion looks like it was quick and simple too. How long until you start putting paint on it?

Gary B)

Jose,
Looks great, simple and sweet. I've always liked the
anti-grenade screens on the German armor... This is a
great conversion too. Have you got a camo scheme in
mind or are you still looking for some reference?
I really do like it so keep the photos coming.
Shawn

One step more ...

... now, hundred of filters to make zenithal light and some color modulation on that dark yellow ... I´ll use Tamiya enamel paints for it. A really slow work but with excellent results.

Any opinion will be highly apreciated

DSC_0035_063.jpg

Couldn't agree more , this is an amazing build Jose , love the raw primed steel look on the rear love to know how you achieved this look

cheer's

Matt :)

super work jose! :cheer:

could you please show more pics from different sides to give an impression of the zenithal painting?

Very nice project. I'm always fond of those tanks with primered parts! Have you got some more SBS pictures. It would be very interesting to see the color modulation.

Best regards...

First at all ... Merry Christmas!!

Next steps ... now time for the dark and wet mud in the wheels and tracks. Some grease spots here and there, some pure white highlights, some details here and there... painting the tools ...

An, of course, painting the turret!!

This Hano is a "painting mix" of different techniques (enamel faddings, hair spray,even salta!) that´s why may be a little strident and contrasted. Anyway, I´m happy as I had the oportunity of testing this techniques and I´ll use them much better in my next project (actually, this kit is a dummie!)

CopiadeDSC_0038_064.jpg

CopiadeDSC_0039_065.jpg

CopiadeDSC_0040_066.jpg

CopiadeDSC_0041_067.jpg

CopiadeDSC_0042_068.jpg

Thank you for your comments. Have a nice Christmas! Happy new 2010!!

Wow that is freaking beautiful, very well done, just can't say enough. That top and side plate is exactly what I'll be doing on one of my builds that I'm working on at the moment.

Rob

Back