• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SdKfz 2 NSU Kleines Kettenkraftrad HK 101

RichB

My contribution to the festivities, the Dragon re-issue of the Esci/ERTL kit.

SdKfz2.jpg

Start~4.jpg

Time.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Ooooh, nice!

I have one of these too somewhere, can't remember whose issue it is.

Are you going OOB or are you gonna add some stuff?

Tom

I wasn't aware this kit was still around but I guess dies last a long time. Looking forward to what you do with it. It should be a great canvass to work with in that scale.

I have one of these in my stash, I suspect it was the first release from Esci from back in the 70s. Not sure why I bought it, probably an article in Scale Modeler magazine. If anyone is interested I will send them my kit for what it costs me to ship it.(CONUS and Canada only please) The original box was quite flimsy and after years in the stash it has not fared well so I will probably need to repackage it for shipping. After all this time the decals are probably trash but they don't look all that bad so one never knows. The sprues are still all sealed in their original bags and the rubber tire still looks to be in good condition.

I have one of these kits in my stash as well though it is a shelf queen. The kit has a lot of issues with the road wheels (bogies?) and suspension. You can probably do well ifthe wheels and suspension is glued solid, otherwise if you want it all to work, the fit on the suspension parts is not tightand accurate enough to keep the interleaved road wheels from rubbing.

I will be watching to see what you decide to do, I have mine figured out, just have not taken the plunge to rework everything. :blink

Right now I'm thinking of making the running gear fixed, maybe with some articulation, and mounting it on a base with a figure.

Cheers,
Rich

Back