• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

sd kfz 7 flakvierling 38

Thank you all for your support.
Unfortunately, I think the 2016 curse may have hit this build....

Got the Flak all painted up. (Not sure if I'm liking it)

h0c8312c.JPG

I am going for an early Russian campaign vehicle so not wanting it to battered but will add pigments once done.

Spent a good amount of time on the tracks, making sure that they were workable for ease of attachment.
Unfortunately, this is where it all turned to a soft brown substance...
The wash ended up sticking them together, then they self destructed while attempting to salvage them.

hb2b700d.JPG

So now that these are toast, I have ordered a set of Friuls, so will wait for them to turn up.
Not going to touch the half track until they are ready to install, as every time I do, another bit falls off... :facepalm

Have also been plodding along with the base, but not sure now whether it will fit, so have ordered another one just in case.

hd73d38b.JPG

I may be back soon.....or maybe not.
Pete

Paint looks good! I had a wash malfunction myself once upon a time, that can really derail a build, but don't let it. The Friuls will come to the rescue. (y)

Sorry Peter, read over your post, didn't read that about the tracks. Sorry about that. I got a set but gave up building them. Bad thing is it would cost what you'd pay for them for me to ship to you. I think...

Howdy gents,
Well, unfortunately this one will remain forever a shelf queen.
Maneuvering of wheels to fit tracks resulted in a loud snap and an airborne flak.... :pilot
May be able to incorporate a wreck somewhere along the line.
:(
Pete

Back