• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 142/1

The Zod

This may be a winter camo. Not real sure yet. I was looking for some inspiration in the Ryton book,but no luck. I was looking to see if the lower hull in the suspension had zimmerit,no luck there either.

stug1_zpsb8111604.jpg

stug2_zps35605a2b.jpg

stug3_zpsc578ce74.jpg

Thanks gents. :)

Hopefully,this will turn out well,as I may enter it in either the AMPS,or IPMS Nats this year.

I was looking to see if the lower hull in the suspension had zimmerit,no luck there either.

Most likely when doing a zimmerit panzer the lower hull had zimmerit as well,Chad.
Then again, if you add all of the side skirts it will not be visible and you can skip that kind of work.

:popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

I was looking to see if the lower hull in the suspension had zimmerit,no luck there either.

Most likely when doing a zimmerit panzer the lower hull had zimmerit as well,Chad.
Then again, if you add all of the side skirts it will not be visible and you can skip that kind of work.

:popcorn

Greetings,Ron.
Thanks Ron. :)

I just got finished with a Google search. I think I may use the side skirts. Zimmerit will not be fun to make in 1/48. :bang head

I was looking at the decal sheet earlier. One of the markings has what looks like a wild boar eyes and tusk. The instructions say it is part of the 5th panzer battalion,25th panzer grenadier division. No luck in finding any pix of the real thing. :idonno

This is the best I can do with my limited reading vision.

StugAusfGOstfront19441.jpg

Hope it helps. B)

I found this while doing a StuG III schurzen search. Tamiya has the markings for this one. I really doubt if I could pull this snow camo off.

stugIII-g_zps62185741.jpg

Winter is most fun. :zen

Sez you. :v

Got some building done. Tomorrow will be dedicated to PE fun. :zen

stug4_zps482e038c.jpg

I need to roughen up the mantlet some for a cast look. I guess I should fill in the gap for the upper and lower hull where they meet.

stug5_zps917eee07.jpg

Back